The Research Leader, Outcomes Research directs large research and analysis projects, providing leadership and management over the design and implementation as part of a team that delivers healthcare information and consulting services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and device clients.
WLS00Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Oversee project team members in the design and implementation of health economics and outcomes research and epidemiology studies – understanding commonly used data and techniques for studies commissioned by pharmaceutical, biotechnology and device clients
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and teams of researchers, research leaders, programmers, analysts, and statisticians through the organization to design and deliver innovative projects.
- Lead the new business development process by actively contributing to proposal development efforts, including working with clients to help them appropriately formulate research studies and data projects.
- Prepare and review complex client deliverables including interpretation of results, reports, technical memoranda, posters, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Ensure client satisfaction by anticipating client needs and meeting deliverable deadlines.
- Manage financial performance for all assigned projects, i.e., that contract revenue and margins meet annual plan targets.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare consulting/research or equivalent, with client contact at senior levels and demonstrated business development skills.
- 5+ years of experience with with large data sets utilizing HEOR claims data.
- 5+ years of project management experience is preferred.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.