Job DescriptionYou and IBM IndiaIBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever. IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM. Business Unit IntroductionWe at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM’s GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of. Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.Our IBM and Salesforce strategic partnerships strengthens and delivers new solutions to enterprise customers using IBM Cloud and Watson services with Salesforce Quip and Salesforce Service Cloud Einstein. Together we deliver solutions that bring together the power of AI and enable companies to make smarter decisions, faster than ever before. Who you are:
What you’ll do:
- As Test Specialist, you will be responsible for testing performance, load, scalability / capacity, networks and infrastructure
- You will be involved in the planning, design, management, execution, and reporting of tests using appropriate testing tools and techniques.
- Responsible to administer and manage the complete Delivery with support Skills Performance and Capacity Management.
- Contribute to knowledge management within our Technology Consulting practice
How we’ll help you grow:
- Examine and evaluate performance criteria and standards compliance to ensure that new and amended systems, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
- Plan, develop and communicate the test design during test specification development with focus on both the functional and non-functional requirements for testability against the technical acceptance criteria and quality metrics.
- Work with the Test Architect to define the test automation framework, methods and tools to uncover performance issues.
- Utilize performance tools, analyzing results, resolving performance related issues, including optimization and tuning.
- Perform the role of a Specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external client billable services and implementation environment
- Excite and motivate fellow practitioners and set them up for success in completing their scope of work
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You’ll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Minimum 3- 7 years of experience in Performance Testing
- Expertise with industry standard Load testing tools such as HP Load Runner, Performance Centre, Jmeter and SoapUI, and IBM Rational Performance Tester
- Proven knowledge of Testing manual/functional testing processes, methodology, defect management and defect life cycle.
- Experience in developing the VuGen scripts, debugging, resolving the issues and usage of monitoring tools like DynaTrace,App dymamics and VMstats.
- Performance tuning experience with Web and Application Servers in Windows and UNIX environment
- Demonstrated ability in profiling and performance analysis expertise with a track record of optimization
- Proven ability in HTTP, HTTPS, and TCP/IP performance considerations
- Experience with N-tiered web application architecture (web, app, database)
- Understanding, measuring and tuning of n-tier applications in clustered environments
- Preparing Performance Test Strategy is added advantage
- Experience in Operational readiness testing, CPU, physical Memory, and disk usage analysis
- Quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary.
- Proven communication skills
- You are a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible teammate.
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation and standard methodologies
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.