Job DescriptionYou and IBM IndiaIBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever. IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM. Business Unit Introduction We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM’s GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of. Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.Our IBM and Salesforce strategic partnerships strengthens and delivers new solutions to enterprise customers using IBM Cloud and Watson services with Salesforce Quip and Salesforce Service Cloud Einstein. Together we deliver solutions that bring together the power of AI and enable companies to make smarter decisions, faster than ever before. Who you are:
What you’ll do:
- As an Automation Testing Practitioner, you will design, build, test and deploy effective testing solutions which reduce the amount of manual effort in the testing process.
- You are responsible for applying automated tools in testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Support the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management.
How we’ll help you grow:
- Evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements for test-ability, test cases and use cases for suitability for automation.
- Assist the development of the test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reuse for regression purposes.
- Design, build and execute automated tests to validate applications using Selenium
- Identify regression testing needs and create and maintain an Automated Regression Suite.
- Implement the strategy via developing, coding and executing test case and test script frameworks using automated tools such Selenium.
- Provide timely project related data as required in applicable systems and ensure timely reporting and response to client partners.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You’ll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing
- Profound knowledge of Software Development Process and Testing life cycle.
- Working knowledge on Java 1.7 with Selenium/Appium, Cucumber and BDD Tools along with the understanding of TestNG/Junit, Ant/Maven and Jenkins
- Hands-on experience in development of application changes, testing the changes and driving continuous delivery transformation within Scrum teams.
- Ability to drive adoption of BDD / TDD in Agile / Scrum teams.
- Demonstrated experience in designing / building test automation frameworks for service and UI based testing and understanding of DevOps and integration of test automation into Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Proven understanding of industry standard methodologies in QA - e.g. use of virtual services to test early, ideal mix of service based versus UI bases tests, risk based testing coverage, etc.
- Knowledge around the commercial product ARIC from Feature space will be an advantage
- Experience in MongoDB and WebServices testing is highly desired
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to manage change and be open to it good time management and demonstrate sanctity of prescribed deadlines
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.