Are you seeking an opportunity that involves providing production and preventive maintenance support? Do you like to troubleshoot and find solutions? Then we have an opportunity for you. U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (USSTC) is seeking a highly qualified Maintenance Mechanics to join our Maintenance department in Nashville, TN. Apply your technical skills to fulfill requirements of Production, Preventative Maintenance and diagnosing cause of malfunctions in Industrial machines including the installation and removal of necessary tooling. We will rely on you to:
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need:
- Repair and maintain industrial machinery, and mechanical equipment in accordance with work instructions, drawings, sketches, operational manuals and manufacturer’s specifications including the fabrication and repair tooling necessary.
- Production mechanics also actively and continuously support process improvement initiatives in a team-based environment.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company’s role is to responsibly manufacture and market USSTC brands to adult tobacco consumers in a financially disciplined way, and to provide manufacturing services to PM USA and NuMark for their smokeless products. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package. A unique work environment exists here. Ask anyone and you’ll get a wide variety of responses including great people, great pay and benefits and corporate and individual responsibility. But, sooner or later you’ll hear everyone say something about the opportunities and challenges they are offered. On the whole, we think it is a career experience that can’t be beat.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be eligible to work in the United States and for the Altria family of companies
- Have a strong safety orientation
- Be able to work on any shift
- Be experienced in using torque wrenches, feeler gauges, dial calipers and micrometers
- Possess at least 3 years of experience as a Production Mechanic in a manufacturing/industrial environment or have equivalent verifiable military or technical school experience
- Have excellent problem solving abilities
- Have the ability to diagnose cause of malfunctions in industrial machines
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a high degree of initiative and conscientiousness
- Have the ability to help our production teams drive innovation
- The starting wage for this position is $31.00 per hour.
- $1,500 sign on bonus
- These positions will be assigned to 2nd and 3rd shift.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.