Senior Associate Scientist
We are currently seeking a qualified Senior Associate Scientist to join our Analytical Sciences Department in Richmond, VA. The successful candidate will be responsible for analytical testing and reporting on the properties of materials, processes and products for the Altria family of companies.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assisting in the execution of tests and evaluation plans using basic scientific/technical/innovation principles and techniques
• Recommending technical alternatives and designs/design improvements
• Delivering high quality Analytical Science services to our operating companies
• Performing materials analysis on a wide range of sample types utilizing multiple techniques and instrumentation
• Maintaining and managing the appropriate documentation for Analytical Sciences to be compliant with Quality Systems and Records Management policies
• Providing support to category leaders, senior scientists, product developers and factory personnel to achieve department and company initiatives
• Working with senior scientists in the development of new procedures around novel products, processes or materials
• Participating in internal and external scientific meetings to maintain and expand scientific expertise
• Participating on cross-functional teams representing Analytical SciencesQualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or closely related field
• Demonstrated experience with Materials Science theory and analysis techniques such as; Particle Size Distribution by Dynamic Image Analysis, Sieve Analysis, Rheometry, Brookfield Viscosity, Tensile Testing, Karl Fisher Titration, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in an analytical testing laboratory including the proper use and maintenance of a laboratory notebook
• Experience working with tobacco and tobacco products preferred
• Ability to work independently and in a project oriented team environment
• Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.