Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company whose mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company.
The Consumer and Marketplace Insight department’s role is to provide high quality market research to the Altria family of companies by leveraging best in class techniques and supporting the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools. We are currently seeking a Social Scientist to join our department in Richmond, VA.
The selected candidate will be a critical resource in supporting our consumer perceptions and harm reduction platforms and requires working knowledge on key research topics such as marketing science models, survey methodology and perception and behavior research that lead to actionable consumer insights that support the Operating Companies.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA
• Contribute to the design of large scale consumer research studies, development of protocols, and execution of studies.
• Provide support for qualitative and quantitative methodologies to assess consumer perceptions and behavioral intentions.
• Support scientific literature review and writing of narratives for regulatory applications.
• Manage multiple priorities and projects in a rapidly changing environment.
• Support development of presentations from research studies conducted and aid in interpretation of the findings.WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• Advanced degree in Psychology, Sociology, Quantitative Methods, or related fields. PhD preferred.
• 0 to1 years of relevant work experience (Background in behavioral research studies a plus)
• Proficient in literature review and methodological designs
• Strong advanced capabilities in survey development
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a deadline-oriented department and work in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented environment.
• Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to summarize analyses in Microsoft Office (e.g., PowerPoint).
• Strong understanding of consumer research, including survey design, methodology strengths and limitations, and how to best address business questions.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your consumer insight skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.