Job DescriptionSince receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre. Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us? As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career. The role will entail the following:
- Based in Florenceville, NB - Provide technical support mainly via calls and following a standard call flow and problem handing processes (scripted or not scripted),
- Verify entitlement, perform problem determination, resolve and close the problem, or route the incident record to the appropriate level of support.
- Using technical resources and tools, support the client by answering questions and responding to client requirements.
- Utilize product, technology, industry and/or services skills to identify problems which may be related to product installation, update, configuration, operations or performance.
- Guide the client, advising on potential resolutions and their implementation, and play a key role in overall client satisfaction
APCCA Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Daily onsite presence at Florenceville, NB
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Should be willing to work in shifts (Service Desk is open 7/24/365)
Overall should be a good team player with willingness to learn and drive to achieve.
Pro active and focused on Metrics.Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Knowledge of networking, internet and intranet,
general knowledge of MS Products and configuration (Outlook) and operating systems.
Tablet and cell phone configuration.
Phone and email industry etiquette.EO Statement
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.