Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:
Tactical buyers assist specific commodity towers within the General Procurement organization with transactional activities. Specific tasks will be dictated by the commodity being supported and could include assistance with supplier evaluation; cost savings reporting or ensuring that spend is routed through core suppliers. Negotiations with suppliers may be required within limits specified by commodity strategy.
Main Responsibility Areas:
• Gathering and comparison of quotes from selected suppliers.
• Selection of supplier for specific requirements based on pre-defined value criteria and/or supplier lists.
• Negotiations with suppliers based on criteria specified by specific commodity council strategy.
• Resolution of commodity specific queries from Requesters or Operations Buyers.
• Ensure that cost savings achieved though tactical sourcing activity is accurately recorded.
• Represent transactional / tactical sourcing issues on commodity council conference calls as applicable.
• Ensure that Operations Buyers are aware of commodity specific information / instructions through up to date sourcing plans.
Main Contacts / Clients:
Sourcing buyers, OPS buyers, Suppliers, requesters, Accounts payable, PCC, PASC Agents, Management (Direct)
Participates as individual contributor to team usually is specialist in certain commodities. Performs and/or coordinates day-to-day activities to meet saving metrics. Can develop and implement recommendations. Direct responsibilities for supplier quality, operational measurements. Carries out variety of complex activities according to plan within broader area of responsibility, analyses problems. Decision making affecting own work. This may be on an EMEA, regional or an individual country basis and may involve liaison with requesters, core suppliers and sourcing buyers. Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof ExperienceSystem requirement:
- Fluent English
- One major European language
- Apply strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Apply collaboration/teaming techniques
- Perform in matrix organization
- Perform time management
- Apply Knowledge of Data Analysis
- Apply Knowledge of Business Organization and Processes, Work instructions
- Apply Knowledge of Commodity Strategy
- Apply Business Control Requirements
- Apply customer satisfaction skills
- Apply basic negotiation skills
- 1-3 years experience needed
Lotus Notes, BonD, MS Office, SAP R/3 (MM), CAAPS, Colt Nextance, Lotus notes based tools (RT, SFD, BIT,etc.), Content manager, etc.EO Statement
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.