• High School graduate or equivalent education/experience
• Graduate of approved course for OR Surgical Technologists or equivalent training required
• Surgical Technologist Certification preferred and/or equivalent training
• BLS/CPR Required
• Clinical experience as would typically be obtained in three years required.
• Significant surgical scrub experience is required, preferably in an ambulatory surgery facility.
• Technical training to include aseptic technique and sterile processing preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of instrumentation and equipment required for multiple specialties required. • Extensive knowledge regarding sterile processing requirements required.
• An excellent understanding of infection control processes required.
• Ability to communicate well with other healthcare professionals as well as with lay persons required.
• Ability to operate and trouble-shoot surgical equipment required.
• Must be able to operate C/S equipment: ultrasonic, washer decontaminators, autoclaves, and other sterilizing equipment.
• Computer skills are required