Job Description*Job Description About IBM
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
The Client Innovation Center is the newest and largest IBM center in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is a hub of global importance for the company, providing end-to-end IT services, including network management, server systems operations, maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and software covering some of the biggest world markets – US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
The Storage Technical Support Apprenticeship Program requires full-time employment with a maximum duration of 12 calendar months . During the learning journey the Apprentice is gaining new skills on the specific skill set that is needed to provide remote technical support assistance to clients and IBM technical personnel on server and data storage products.
During the whole program extensive training and workshop sessions will be conducted, in order to obtain not only deep technical knowledge and understanding of Storage concepts, but also proficient communication skills and corporate culture.
An experienced engineer - Mentor - will be assigned to the apprentice, to provide support and guidance throughout the learning journey.
You will learn how to:
You will practice how to:
- Use in an appropriate way IBM communication channels (mail, Same Time, Slack, etc.)
- Interpret online manuals regarding IBM code and application interfaces.
- Communicate with other support centers and business units.
- Develop and demonstrate proficiency in Storage hardware and software platforms.
- Demonstrate soft skills and technical skills that contributes to client satisfaction.
- Contribute positively towards the achievement of performance targets in all aspects of the team’s activities.
This Apprenticeship will require working on flexible hours.At IBM you will have the opportunity to communicate with global teams who have different responsibilities, interests and knowledge. Here you will be placed in a dynamic environment, where you will be given the opportunity to raise your technical skills and become part of the IBM Systems Team.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Provide remote troubleshooting and analysis assistance for installation, usage and configuration.
- Answer questions for general usage and operations of system components. Provide problem determination/problem source identification.
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which could include interpretation of traces and dumps).
- Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems.
- Provide technical support within established guidelines.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience• Second foreign language is considered as advantageEO Statement
- Being an active University student;
- Fluent level of English language skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Open for new challenges;
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail;
- Willingness to work with limited supervision;
- Team spirit;
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.