Job DescriptionIBM Global Markets is currently seeking a [Distributed] Storage "Storwize" Solutions [Sales] Territory Manager(s). This position will be responsible for growing IBM Storwize revenue across multiple consumers and routes to market; it will in particular look to bolster IBM's coverage and presence in the Commercial & Enterprise Customer Space. At its core, this Storwize role is a Subject Matter Expert position that requires focus on internal influencers as well via external partners along with key client engagements. As the Storwize territory owner and SME this person must give guidance and support to the entire ecosystem (Local IBM Marketing, Offering Management, Channel & BSS)resources. (This role will require external client facing engagements where there is coverage opportunity - mentioned above).
Skills / Attributes:
- Storwize "SME" Subject Matter Expert. This includes understanding IBM and Competitor Solution
- Protect Install base of Lenovo/OEM accounts. This includes working with BP's who we want to bring back. (SPR not involved here)
- Use business acumen to understand internal and external requirements. This includes technical and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with IBM Technical and Services teams to define, design, and detail the aspects and feasibility of Storwize offerings
- Work with the technical team to deliver effective Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Technology (POT), in support of critical situations
- Work with BSS field sellers in Industry and Enterprise accounts to grow Large Deal business. This includes calling on end user clients.
- Work with Commercial and Enterprise Client Teams to develop opportunity pipeline.
- Become knowledgeable of what works and not within assigned territory. Example: Plays, Channel Programs, Sales Team Incentives
- Interact with Channel & Marketing Management to provide feedback on local GEO plays needed to support goals.
- Represent coverage area with updated pipeline coverage, deal creation/progression and requirements and actions needed to achieve growth.
- Utilize & develop ISV, CSP and ESA's to drive new partner types in coverage territory.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Level 5 Storwize Skills & Competitor Knowledge
- Demonstrate level of business acumen to manage ecosystem of resources towards common objective.
- Ability to articulate understanding of the client's needs and match with IBM capabilities.
- Be commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan and act strategically
- Self-starter with eagerness to seek and build new skills
Refer to JDPreferred Tech and Prof Experience
Refer to JDEO Statement
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.