Job Description:The Home + Entertainment division of T-Mobile is the next phase in the Un-carrier mobile video strategy. T-Mobile acquired TV technology innovator Layer3 TV which is a next generation provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social, and digital life. Together we will be launching a disruptive new TV service in 2018 and we are doing to TV what we did to wireless: changing it for good!
As a member of the architecture team, you will take the lead on architectural design and breakdowns for our back end systems and components in order to provide scalability and resiliency to T-Mobile H+E next-generation cable service. This is a senior role that requires both breadth and depth of software design and development experience and exceptional time management skills.Responsibilities:Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with product managers to review requirements and make architecture-level decisions
- Document and elaborate architectural designs to drive system and component implementation
- Perform architectural and code reviews by working closely with development teams
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas to multiple parties in a way that promotes understanding
Qualifications: Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Software design and development
- RESTful web API design/implementation
- Back office systems
- Popular billing and subscription management solutions
- Agile process and tools and Test Driven Development
- Video delivery systems preferred
- AWS, Openstack, or other cloud platforms preferred
- MongoDB or other NoSQL DB a plus
- WebSocket a plus
- HTML/CSS a plus
- 8+ years of professional experience within field
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or quantitative field
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.