Job Description:The Home + Entertainment division of T-Mobile is the next phase in the Un-carrier mobile video strategy. T-Mobile acquired TV technology innovator Layer3 TV which is a next generation provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social, and digital life. Together we will be launching a disruptive new TV service in 2018 and we are doing to TV what we did to wireless: changing it for good!Consider a career with our Software Engineer Backend team within T-Mobile's Home + Entertainment (formerly Layer3 TV) team in Boston's Seaport District. In the role, you will develop backend JSON APIs that power our customers video watching experience. We offer excellent technology, team, location, competitive comp, bonus, stocks and perks!
- Developing RESTful JSON APIs using NodeJS
- Building distributed cloud microservices that support an in-home IPTV cable service
- Designing application solutions to complex problems leveraging micro-service architecture and common design patterns
- Following coding best practices including coding standards, peer code reviews and writing unit tests
- Developing and update support documentation
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical tasks and user stories
- Providing on-call and after-hours support as needed
- Coach and mentor team members as needed
The ideal candidate has many of the following skills, ability and knowledge:
- Building testable, scalable back-end APIs
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases. MongoDB a plus
- Experience with cloud-based development, e.g., AWS
- Familiarity with scaling and performance optimization
- Experience working within agile methodologies
- Understanding of software design patterns and micro-service architecture
- Excellent communications skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
- 5+ years of professional related experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Masters of Science a plus
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.