Job Description:Sr Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
As a Sr Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems. You will work with software developers to test their work using a variety of tools, testing applications and reports to compare the software to user requirements, ensuring that the software functions according to those requirements. As such, you will recommend changes and improvements for software, working with developers to make the appropriate changes and then test everything again while keeping documentation of the entire quality testing process, describing the program, evaluation, testing methods, and any improvements made to the software all while building a challenging and motivation environment.Responsibilities:Essential Functions
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices to test products and identifying deficiencies.
- Responsible for designing the testing framework and setting up test environment, including test plans, test cases and test processes.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, identifying and collecting KPIs for product quality and in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management.
- Communicate test results and highlight any potential quality risks
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Hands-on to read the code, evaluate design, create design documents and code/scripts to analyze tech system metrics.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Create training materials and instruct users how to use the software properly
- Passionate about driving design consensus across multiple teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a QA lead, QA engineer, Application Developer or related occupation, leveraging software QA tools and processes
- 5+ years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- Experience with SDLC including unit tests, code management and build tools (Maven, SBT), code management tools (Bitbucket) and deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Hands-on skillset with RESTful API development and/or testing
- Strong experience developing automation frameworks using Java/Python/ Scala
- Knowledge of relational & dimensional database in respect to maintain quality throughout data pipelines
- Good understanding of data marts, data domain and MDM solutions
- Demonstrated skill in solving performance tuning issues
- Experience integrating test harnesses and test results into continuous integration and build environments
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Network TechnologyCompany Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.