Job Description:This position will be responsible for the management of mid to large projects and initiatives that deliver solutions and services for Sales Operations. The Sr. Project Manager will interact closely with the sponsor, IT, senior leadership, and various other cross-functional teams to define the project parameters and to develop detailed project plans and documentation. This position includes Meeting Facilitation, Formal Project Updates, driving Business Requirements, Project Plans, and Project Schedules. The position will develop project plans by translating customer requirements into specific tasks using knowledge of T-Mobile and system development life cycle methodologies. The Sr. Project Manager will assure proper conduct, documentation, and communication of assigned project deliverables.Responsibilities:
- Facilitate cross-functional group workshops to deliver requirements, assess new projects/initiatives and evaluate progress of current initiatives.
- Translate project requirements into project objectives and tasks, manage task assignments to project resources, and report on and manage project scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop detailed project schedules, resource plans, and status reports.
- Interface with all areas affected by the project, including end users, service organizations, cross-functional groups and implementation partners.
- Review project deliverables for accuracy and apprise management of issues affecting project status and offer solutions to solve the issues.
- Ensure satisfactory transfer of custody and control of product upon completion (handoff) and close all project documentation and archive appropriate records.
- Research business problems/issues and provide resolution recommendations to management.
- Create and support standards, processes and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team.
- Develop lessons learned documentation.
- Confidently make presentations to small, mid-size and large audiences.
- Demonstrated track record of strong consulting skills and experience to bridge the gap between technology and business operations to enable organizations to make effective decisions.
- Act as liaison between all functional groups.
- Manage issues and escalate to management when necessary.
- Provide mentoring and direction to other project managers on the SOS Project Management Team.
- 5+ years formal project management work experience
- Must be proficient and have experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio.
- Solid understanding of PMI principles and practices; demonstrated ability to apply PMI principals required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicates with all employee levels and levels of management.
- Ability to identify project impacting issues and develop and implement solutions.
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable.
- Must typically have a background in the project business area assigned, in order to successfully serve as a conduit between the technical functions and the business clients.
- Formal Project Management Certification
Bachelor's Degree preferred. A combination of additional relevant experience and education may be considered in lieu of degreeCompany Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.