Form and lead cross-functional project teams, balance resources across a portfolio of competing high-profile projects, leverage your customer focus, innovative mindset, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, and inspirational leadership to get results.
STUFF YOU'LL DO
- Support BI & Analytics teams with your outstanding project management leadership: establish alignment on project objectives, define scope & timelines, create project cadences & resource expectations, manage stakeholder & status communications, juggle interdependencies and mitigate risks.
- Introduce program and portfolio management principles to a dynamic, high-profile & rapidly-growing body of work: intake management, project prioritization, resource & bandwidth balancing, stakeholder expectation management, recurring status updates and issue resolution.
- Coordinate departmental and cross-functional teams and focus their energies on delivering new or upgrading existing analytics & BI products for business stakeholders in Marketing, Procurement, and Engineering.
- Create change by designing and implementing new internal processes, services, and tools.
Responsibilities:STUFF WE'LL TRUST YOU WITH
- Program oversight for a 55-person department, including coordination of resources for active & on-deck initiatives, facilitation of strategic roadmap planning both internally and with business stakeholders, project prioritization that balances long-term objectives and short-term needs.
- Align stakeholders and project teams on objectives, success criteria & scope.
- Develop project plans and schedules, manage teams to timelines & milestones, identify & mitigate risks, resolve interdependencies, remove obstacles for project teams, communicate regular status updates, and serve as the primary interaction point with project stakeholders.
- Assemble and manage cross-functional BI & Analytics teams, supply advanced status reporting on completed programs to major stakeholders (internal and external).
- Collaborate with management teams to identify and address cross-project dependencies.
- Bring changes and suggestions from each program and sub-program to help improve and develop best practices.
- Manage change within the programs and evaluates risks and assesses potential impacts on program delivery.
- Mature the organization transform current project & program management activities into a centralized function that encourages cross-functional collaboration and improves efficiency of resource utilization.
Qualifications:STUFF YOU'LL TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
What you'll need to be successful:
Business Management Mindset
- Natural Leader of Project Teams You have a seemingly instinctual knack for understanding what your stakeholder wants to accomplish, framing the scope to deliver, and assembling & motivating a project team to execute.
- Fluid You effortlessly shift between individual projects and bigger-picture program needs.
- Agile and Organized You can flex between head-up and head-down work. You're capable of digesting large amounts of information, and quickly preparing clear communications to stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial and Initiative-Seeking You're willing to challenge status quo. You sense potential for new opportunities and don't wait. You're capable of taking initiative and getting the ball rolling on new value-driving projects.
- Transformational You can create order from chaos, transforming groups from start-up to sustained operations.
- Perpetually Curious You seek meaningful understanding of business needs & situations. Always on the lookout to make connections between subject domains, processes, business problems, and organizations.
- Stakeholder-Oriented You understand that strong, positive, professional relationships with your stakeholders is critical to both your success and theirs.
- Team Player Your teammates have your back. You have theirs. You leverage their strengths to make your work better, and they do the same. Alone, you're great. As a team, you're excellent.
- Integrity You do the right thing, even when no one is looking. You're naturally driven and productive, and work with energy, transparency, and rigor.
- 5+ years experience in organizational programs, project management or related area.
- 2+ years of supervisory or program management experience, including cross-functional management.
- Demonstrated success managing and implementing medium-sized projects, including identifying, maintaining, and/or adjusting scope and resources, managing vendors, overseeing the formal planning, tracking, and reporting of program performance, and the deployment of analytics products into Enterprise environments.
- Experience with team-based project & program management tools, such as eProject or Microsoft Project.
- Effective communication skills: oral summaries, program status tracking, 1-page executive summaries, high-quality presentations.
Desired Experience & Skills
- 2+ years of procurement and/or negotiations-related experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with technologists, database developers, and data scientists.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (Jira), SAP products, SQL, Oracle, data-science languages, data visualization techniques & tools.
- Familiarity with organization business practices & principles related to centralized PMOs, marketing, procurement, and/or development of wireless telecommunications sites.
Education (Minimum Required)
- Masters Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Equivalent experience is acceptable.
License or Certification (Desired, Optional)
- PMP, PgMP, or PfMP
- Six Sigma
- CPSM® ISM Certification or similar procurement certification
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.