This is a technical management position which provides leadership and direction to professional staff that are responsible for T-Mobile's critical environments design, capacity planning, evolution and strategy. They typically manage multiple functional areas. They develop engineering objectives for their functional areas and ensure engineering plans are aligned with business objectives. They develop operational plans to align with business objectives and establishes activities/projects that drive goal achievement and collaborates in setting strategic direction for their functional area.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Responsibilities:Essential Functions
- Management, Leadership Development, and Coaching: Leverages goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Understands and communicates the functional group's vision and creates alignment of their area to that vision. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity and talent pool planning. Creates an environment for ongoing peer development.
- Organization/Vendor Contacts: Engages cross-functionally with other department leadership, concerning progress or outcomes on major initiatives. Engages in cross-functional contacts to develop collaborative partnerships with peers and top management. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources and other operating issues. Persuades others or gains the acceptance of decisions affecting other. Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Obtains quotes and negotiates purchase for vendor supplied SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Contributes to budget development and implementation, manages resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepares and presents business cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and allocate resources. Processes and tracks POs against quarterly/yearly forecast.
- System Design Development and Approval: Develop and Make final approval on critical facility design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Allocates and leverages resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/projects/services across function. Analyzes options and makes decisions on complex issues. Resolves complex problems that have implications beyond own area.
- Development and Adherence to Engineering Best Practices: Ensures that new designs are properly approved and executed within industry standards. Works with Region or Market to ensure best practices (RF, Operations, Network) are spread across the organization.
- Advanced leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, and empathy.
- Advanced interpersonal skills including listening skills and ability to build consensus across teams.
- Solid understanding of electrical systems, including AC power distribution, generators, UPS systems, DC power plant, and grounding
- Solid understanding of central office and data center cooling technologies, chiller plants, dry coolers, misting systems, condensers, computer room AC systems, computer room air handlers
- Solid understanding of standard Telecommunications practices for DC power plant and infrastructure systems (e.g. cabling, ladder rack, fiber trough)
- Working knowledge of managerial accounting and statistical analysis.
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Able to lead research and publication of technical papers.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong proficiency for organizational/team goal setting.
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- 7+ years technical management experience in a large corporate environment.
- 7+ years experience in budget forecasting and budget tracking with a high degree of accuracy.
- 7+ years experience creating and presenting technical and financial business cases to senior management.
- 7+ years skilled at management of RFI/RFP process, capital acquisitions and contact negotiations.
- 7+ years effective organizational objectives/goal setting and achieving experience. Education
- Bachelor's degree is required - prefer ME, EE or Telecommunications
- Masters/Advanced Degree desired
- 10+ Yrs of experience in lieu of MS.
Network TechnologyMinimum Qualifications:License or Certification
This position requires 40% travel.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.