As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Sr Manager, Business Operations
This role is responsible for providing strategic planning support
by organizing, directing and assisting in the implementation of work efforts that drive goals and objectives of leadership. Drive strategies and performance improvements
with Senior Vice President, Vice Presidents, Directors and cross-functional teams that support a best in class development organization. Critical liaison to development-wide initiatives
focused on enhancing cross functional alignment and operational efficiencies through program support including data collection, analysis, problem and solutions identification, root cause remediation, communications, change management and presentation to upper management. Identify opportunities and influence leaders to act to shape the strategic direction of the organization.Minimum Required:
- 7 years' related work experience. Software development experience required, well-rounded background including delivery, financial planning and analysis, goal setting and KPI reporting.
- Minimum 3 years' of management experience including leadership, planning, and coordination of software development groups using multiple SDLCs.
- Exceptional presentation skills that share both qualitative and quantitative information.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate policies and methods to technical audiences.
- Excellent program management, execution, implementation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated pattern of design thinking and acting strategically with an innovative, yet analytical approach to problem solving without much supervision or direction.
- Experience in change management in large complex environments.
- Proven ability to design and develop reports from existing systems and multiple sources, consolidate and evaluate results, create a comprehensive illustration and make suggestions based on observations.
- Flexible, team player with a positive attitude towards internal and external customer experience.
- Track record of personal initiative in a rapidly changing environment while regularly communicating with Senior Vice President and their leadership team.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple different work streams without sacrificing quality or strategy perspective.
- Basic knowledge of business data reporting, hierarchy reporting, SQL and Business Objects.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in relevant field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Preferred: Master's Degree
- Supports a Senior Vice President / Vice President, interfacing with their leadership teams to drive multiple programs focused on improving development processes and methods.
- Responsible for communications strategy and execution to ensure processes, tools, and standards are understood.
- Develop tracking and reporting of tool use, and standards and policy compliance
- Develop processes and reporting to clearly understand development capacity.
- Provide support in conjunction with finance for operating and capital budgeting and spend.
- Provides strategic guidance by identifying, evaluating and analyzing critical development processes and working with development teams to advance development methods and approaches.
- Performs a leading role on diverse efforts and leads the implementation where applicable.
- Acts as a conduit of current information and feedback between Senior Vice President / Vice President and department leaders by planning, organizing, motivating, and controlling resources to achieve specific goals from beginning to end.
- Leads productive strategic discussions, leadership meetings and planning sessions to ensure the purpose and objectives are met.
- Develop clear methods and or reporting with development team on developments progress and status.
- Lead change management of new tools, processes and methods associated with development
- Finds innovative approaches and solutions to problems.
- Simplifies and communicate complex problems through clear communication, useful tools and precise metrics that the field can execute, act on or drive changes in behavior.
Relationship and People Management
- Advises the Senior Vice President / Vice President of opportunities on specific areas based on individual involvement and observations, and be a catalyst for action by identifying necessary changes and driving next steps until issue is resolved.
- Serves as a consulting and subject matter expert on department-wide assignments by adding value and identifying gaps to drive a better outcome through knowledge and experiences.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
- Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
- Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
- Proactively anticipates obstacles or issues and then identifies and proposes solutions while understanding their financial impact on the business and experience for our customers and/or employees.
- Reviews and gives feedback on executive-level (SLT) presentations and presents complex information from multiple teams or departments.
- Directs data analysis strategy to analyze multifaceted data from various sources and uses its interpretation to drive operational excellence.
- Drives metric methodology and analyze results.
- Serve as proxy for the any leader in key critical business meetings/projects in relation to operational issues, projects, team progress and risk-related issues for their area.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.