Job Description:This role is on a strong analytics team that is dedicated to supporting and collaborating with the media, advertising, and marketing teams. Our team focuses on answering business questions such as: What types of media are most effective? How should we allocate our media budget? Where should we spend our next media dollar?
We advise the media planning, advertising, and marketing teams by analyzing business outcomes attributed to media activity, across:
- Advertising tactics - TV, digital, social, search, offline, direct marketing
- Creative ad messaging, long-term brand building vs short-term offers
- Audience segmentation, targeting, timing, reach, frequency
The goal of performing these attribution analyses is to maximize advertising effectiveness and media ROI, based on customer lifetime value.Responsibilities:This Sr Manager will hire and lead a small team specifically dedicated to the analysis of digital media: display ads, online video, streaming audio, social media, and search. You will begin by developing a vision and plan for digital media measurement and attribution, focused on determining what digital media is driving incremental business value. To enable this, you will build your knowledge of digital media purchasing processes, ad tech environments, and measurement capabilities. Your work will span 3 key pillars:
- Work directly with databases, spreadsheets, models, and visualization tools
- Prototype ingestion, aggregation, and views of new data
- Create, discuss, and develop business outcome metrics
- Perform data analyses such as statistical hypothesis testing, time-series regressions, optimization models, and custom analytics
- Have a deep understanding of model inputs, outputs, and methodologies to evaluate, interpret, and qc model results
- Question results and find meaningful insights; not just report numbers
- Consider and control for media consumption, consumer behavior, and external forces that drive business outcomes (seasonality, competitive landscape, trends, etc)
- Cultivate collaborative and positive cross-functional relationships with marketing teams, media agencies, advertising partners, and measurement/analytical vendors
- Develop insights, views, and storylines to provide actionable recommendations to partners
- Build and lead a team of 2-4 business analysts and data scientists, with emphasis on innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building, talent management, and providing thought leadership on analytical methodologies
Qualifications:You are equally adept and passionate in each of the 3 areas above: technical, analytical, and communication. You have the technical skills to move, transform, and join datasets in big data environments. You have the analytical skills to know what to do with that data to turn it into insights. And you have the communication skills to create clean visuals and explain your work effectively to any audience.
You will thrive on the challenges inherent in dissecting complex problems, utilizing facts and data to derive conclusions and deliver clear recommendations improving business results by transforming vast amounts of data into actionable insights and influencing marketing strategy.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a self-starter, and someone who has a passion for learning and experimentation. You can extract the big picture from detailed analysis, formulate robust viewpoints, and prepare powerful visualizations and presentations. This position requires excellent presentation and communication skills with peers and leadership, not hesitating to challenge status quo, with data-driven, executive-ready presentations. You are comfortable with ambiguity - exploring new data and coming up with ideas for improvement - because you provide clarity with data-driven analytics. Your qualifications
- 8+ years of quantitative business analytics experience
- 3+ year experience communicating with business leaders and ability to develop executive-ready materials
- 4+ years advanced SQL; ability to parse data formats and perform complex joins
- 2+ years hiring and managing analytical talent
- Required familiarity with analytical methods: statistical A/B testing, time-series regression, formulating optimization problems, and tools: R, SAS, or SPSS, and Excel
- Required knowledge of visualization tools: Tableau or PowerBI, and PowerPoint
- Preferred knowledge of: Python, Alteryx, Azure, AWS, Hive/Hadoop, Google Marketing Platform, Adobe Marketing Suite, Adobe Analytics
- Degree in quantitative field such as Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Operations Research, Engineering Bachelor degree required; MBA, MS, or PhD highly preferred
Minimum Qualifications: At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.