Job Description:Sr Engineer, Technical Support (Tier 2 Video Services)
**This position can be based in either Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA.
This position serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in multiple disciplines for second level (Tier 2) technical support and engineering teams, primarily focused on operation of T-Mobile's video services network infrastructure. This position uses professional concepts to carry out expert level diagnostic investigation of customer-impacting network issues and provides technical leadership/guidance and advice to other engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing complex computer systems. This position identifies technical development opportunities for other engineers, develops and implements technical training programs as needed. This position analyzes, design, reliability and maintenance problems to the relevant TMobile and vendor organizations and provides design improvement recommendations to improve the customer experience or ease of operation long-term. This position is the technical lead on the supported systems and platforms. This position works with vendors on providing technical solutions for the system users.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Responsibilities:Essential Functions
- Resolves highly complex technical design or service issues that cannot be resolved through normal operations and maintenance procedures and provides leadership for root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limits impact to the customer. Assist with RPI/RFP/RFQ processes for new technologies and collaborate with T-Mobile Engineering, Product Development and Vendor technical organizations when required to drive long-term product improvements. The senior engineer is required to engage in vendor management issues, coordinate updates for the national, regional and market teams. This role requires that the engineer participate in an "on call rotation" on an as-needed basis to ensure that expert level support is available on a 24x7 basis. This role also requires off-hours work in support of network change execution on an as-needed basis.
- Develops proactive initiatives geared towards exceeding network KPIs. Approves technical bulletins written by other members of the Tier 2 organization.
- Devises and delivers training programs and supports documentation to other departments on new operation, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures. Produces technical bulletins in order to provide short term work-around solutions and guidance on current Network issues. This consistently requires a great deal of "out of box" thinking and complex analysis of software problems within the network. Provides leadership to others within the position's team or customers' team.
- Leads Engineering and Vendor teams with the validation of new products and services to ensure trouble free network introduction. This position will provide expert consultative support during major software upgrades as well as recommend network parameter settings.
- Minimal travel.
- 5-8+ years experience in fault analysis within the telecommunications/media/video delivery industry.
- Strong level Knowledge of video distribution networks, including video headends, including IRD, encoders and DRM
- Experience with Tektronix Sentry and Medius setup and troubleshooting or similar video monitoring platform.
- Strong understanding of MPEG and MPEG analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Expert-level understanding of Operations and Maintenance procedures and Advanced Troubleshooting techniques across multiple platforms.
- Expert-level understanding of system protocols and interfaces that are used within a wireless network.
- Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing priorities.
- Expert-level understanding of application protocols such as HTTP, HTTPs, FTP, TCP, UDP required
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong vendor management skills, including issue escalation, negotiation of fix delivery dates and management of the service level agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of different standard interfaces (i.e. CORBA, LDAP, XML, CGI, AJAX).
- Strong Unix/Linux/Oracle/Storage systems knowledge and adept on the related disciplines.
- 5+ years Experience with Cisco and IP Networking is a plus
- Bachelors Degree.
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years experience within telecom/media/video delivery industry may be considered.
License or Certification
Industry certification such as CCNA, CCNP is a plus
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.#LI-JL1
Minimum Qualifications: At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenCompany Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.