Job Description:The Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to manage the entire life cycle for a specific product line or business within T-Mobile. Accountable for growth and profitability in assigned areas. Responsible for product innovation, product positioning, business case, product experience and go-to-market strategies. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Influence and drive industry forums. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.Responsibilities:Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead and deliver complex network and service architecture, design strategies and standards. Deep understanding of the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Ability to translate complex technical issues in terms of business impact and business benefits.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate and base level engineers as needed. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network architecture. Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing architecture, design strategies, standards, and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions. Drives investigations, leading to new technology concepts that may solve business problems.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems and services used. Able to document systems architecture, design strategies, standards, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that may translate technical issues into business impact.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization around architecture, design strategies and standards. Drives lab and field trial activities in support of Proof of Concept.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals. Evaluates technologies and proposes technology position for the company within own VP organization.
Qualifications:Focus: Experience in defining and executing go-to-market strategies.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product life cycle management.
- Technical Expertise: Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: Ability to influence, lead and coach cross functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas.
- 5 - 7 years in one or more of the following categories: software/hardware, web, telecommunications, consumer electronics, or consumer packaged goods, with a focus on product management, product development or marketing. Strong understanding of voice and data services and products.
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Engineering
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.