As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSenior Engineer, Systems ArchitectureCome join our exciting cutting edge team as a Senior Engineer, Systems Architecture located in Bellevue, Washington. They will be a Subject Matter expert of Messaging Solutions working cross-functionally on feasibility analysis of new technologies, creating functional designs, and operational deployment procedures. This individual would be a part of cutting edge team within Messaging Engineering and help define new standards in how Messaging is done globally. Functional and technical skill requirements:
- Advanced understanding of IP/IMS protocol and in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards including 3GPP, GSMA, ITUT and ANSI.
- Experience in UNIX, Linux, and TCP/IP environments.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical specifications through documentation
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative team environment.
- Ability to be the technical lead for large projects spanning multiple organizations
- Proven track record for the delivery of complex products or programs.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft tools (visio) or Business Objects.
- Working knowledge and experience with databases (Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop) is a plus.
- Prior operational experience is preferred
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in electrical and electronic engineering, computer science, telecommunications, or related and 3 years of relevant work experience.ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in electrical and electronic engineering, computer science, telecommunications, or related and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Technical Leadership:
- Subject Matter Expert on the IMS Core Network, IP Messaging platforms and Messaging interfaces (Technologies include GSM, CDMA, WiFi and VoLTE)
- Serve as an internal business interface in designing new services and platforms to support our future unCarrier moves to shake up the industry.
- Determine how the future message technology will look and how to ensure quality/consistency of experience with a growing customer base.
- Functional, Deployment, and Operational Design:
- Create functional network designs, MOPs, and standard operational processes to ensure quality releases and support.
- Create network design for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Roadmap/Vendor Management:
- Drive industry technologies/standards and how TMUS can leverage where the industry is going through research, technical papers, and executive presentations.
- Identify the impacts and risks of proposed solutions, and make recommendations on solutions.
- Drive vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements & timely delivery of SW/HW system features.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.