Job Description:T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital Global System for Mobile Communications/ General Packet Radio Service (GSM/GPRS) wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineer, Systems Design located in Bellevue, WA will
serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the engineering certification of various IP Core platforms such as SDN/ NFV, DRA, Cisco routers / switches, load balancers, firewall, DNS and IP security software.
The Senior Engineer is expected to have End to End network exposure to troubleshoot lab operational issues and have thorough presentation and communication skills to demonstrate new technology and services. They will develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our Lab environment. Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), hardware (HW) and software (SW) of new technology features and Inter-Operability testing is part of this Transport and IP QA team.
Senior Engineer, Systems Design: The Engineering Quality Assurance Senior Engineer assists in driving the Systems Engineering and Design of T-Mobile's IP Network. Performs feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services. Performs all Lab and First Office Application (FOA) validation of these new services/platforms and ensures a successful rollout. May be required to perform, evaluate, or interpret network simulation, test results, or leading edge technology studies. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Influence and drive industry forums. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
Responsibilities:Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Validate design aspects of new HW and SW releases for Cisco routers, switches, A10, etc.
- Understand system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Be aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead and deliver complex network and service architecture, design strategies and standards.
- Responsible for the evaluation, lab testing, certification, and engineering conformance of the nodes through lab exit.
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of the environment.
- Solve problems related to critical services and build automation to proactively detect and prevent re-occurrence.
- Drive engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
- Identify the impacts of solution introductions, and make recommendations on solution evolution.
- Plan, design and deliver solutions that improve the customer network in terms of capacity, functionality, and end-user services.
- Interact with third party suppliers and other service organizations and participate in product releases.
- Contribute to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing or new system/process/service.
- Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model.
- Engineer conformance of Load and Performance of IP networks.
- Managing the operations, testing and upgrades of transport nodes/solutions such as DRA, STP, AAV and Satellite backhaul.
- Handling database nodes such as ENUM & GFLEX
- Troubleshooting IP issues and find new solutions.
- Liaise with vendors and serve internal customers for new and sustained core network engineering features and technology/products testing and validation.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal customers and vendors.
- Collaborate with technical teams and utilize system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learn and teach others existing and new technologies.
- Maintain knowledge of existing technology documents. Write basic documentation on how technology works.
- 5+ Years technical engineering experience with bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Understanding of wireless industry standards e.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- System, network and/or application security experience with solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols. Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and security infrastructure (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, IPSec, VPNs).
- Solid knowledge of Security platforms including Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco ASA VPN, ISE/ACS, Active Directory and 2FA technology.
- Solid knowledge of Load Balancer (A10 and F5), Web Proxy and IDS/IPS (McAfee or other) platforms
- Strong exposure and skills working in a virtualized environment of routing/switching, load balancing, VPN, and firewalls.
- In depth knowledge in system, engineering and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support
- The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Certified on one of the following Cisco (i.e. - CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Checkpoint and/or A10
- Configuration management experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CFEngine.
- Proficient in a scripting language Perl, C++, Python, PowerShell etc.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.