Job Description:Sr Engineer, Software (Custom Applications Development)Description
The Technology Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer's requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments
The senior software engineer work closely with application architects to design software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies for DevOps, microservices, continuous deployment, and will transition services to the cloud computing environment. The senior software engineer acts as the lead developer for applications support the T-Mobile network and customer service. Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Responsibilities:Essential Functions
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise base and associate level engineers as needed.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Understands the creation of company IPR.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Creates clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the manager level. Understands the protection of company IPR.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in-house workshops and learning sessions.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals.
- Regularly interacts with the Product Manager to ensure business needs are met
- Responsible for code developed by the team meeting organizational stands.
- Performs testing of application code as necessary.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for a specific application, mentoring junior software engineers
- Responsible for maintaining the non-production environments
Qualifications:Experience and education requirements:
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Requires 5+ years of extensive experience with Core Java Development and its ecosystems
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Proficiency in Java collections and algorithms for optimizations
- Strong understanding of HTML5, HTML and XML design and programming
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Docker, Splunk, Hadoop
- Exposure to open source libraries (Angular JS, Bootstrap, JQuery UI)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Master's degree in computer science, computer information systems, computer applications, or related, and 3 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, computer applications, or related, and 5 years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent Experience
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.