Job Description:The Senior Software Engineer designs, develops and delivers holistic solutions for all SSI systems across the Commercial The Biz organization. S/he will be responsible for developing systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. S/he will be responsible for defining scope and requirements, isolating key issues, analyzing possible solutions, building consensus, and presenting a recommendation. S/he will champion new technology, strive for unexpected ideas and push new boundaries in a quest for continued innovation.Responsibilities:Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, outcome driven mindset, consumption focus and inspirational leadership.
- Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality and robust software solutions
- Executes the technical vision and development on Cloud Platform technologies
- Utilizes Planning and Leadership skills to oversee development deliverables as required to implement new systems capabilities
- Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, big data technologies, master data management, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, data services and data governance
Technology and System
- Develop, maintain and administer enterprise-level databases and objects within MS SQL Server, Teradata and Oracle database environments
- Design, Develop and Automate ETL processes using SQL Server Manager, SSIS packages and stored procedures for the collection of data warehouse data from multiple source systems
- Design and develops web, mobile and user interface (UI) applications to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. Leads moderately complex projects.
- Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
- Utilizes development skills to build solutions across big data technology stack and unit tests new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases
- Ensures Continuous Integration and deployment using Agile methodologies
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Translates business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
- Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Identifies and creates/updates support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and drive, monitor and takes part in Peer Review to allow acceptance of system changes into production
- Directs build and unit test production deployment packages.
- Facilitates/leads reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilizes product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provides on-call and after-hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules.
Relationship and People Management
- Performs peer reviews.
- Collaborates with architects and other Software Engineers on design.
- Collaborate with other Business and IT partner teams on successful delivery of product enhancements and support.
- Employs a hands-on approach to lead the Development team, both by coding themselves and coaching and mentoring team members
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in business consulting with focus on software engineering /enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen
- Has had technical leadership experience on at least 2 large scale projects with proven record of strong coaching and mentorship to other Software Engineers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience developing and administering enterprise-level databases and objects within MS SQL Server, Teradata and/or Oracle database environments including, but not necessarily limited to, development and automation of ETL processes using SQL Server Manager, SSIS packages and stored procedures for the collection of data warehouse data from multiple source systems
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience using 3 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, Python, R, U-SQL, PowerShell, Java, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years' Application Development Experience
- Minimum 2 years' professional experience designing and developing applications leveraging big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Microsoft Azure, AWS etc. or designing complex multi-tiered applications
- Experience designing/implementing solutions using API-first' design principles
- Experience defining team processes, governance and standards.
- Proven track record on previous projects that required initiative and ability to drive change
- Demonstrated ability to bridge gaps between requirements and design. Involved source system exploration, analysis and mapping exercised ability to effectively work independently and as participant of a large project team.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Bachelor's Degree. Economics, Engineering or Computer Science
- Masters Preferred
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.