Requisition ID # 13693
Job Category : Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Safety, Health and Enterprise CAP
Job Location : Concord
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The ECAP department provides oversight for all Line of Business CAP programs; continuously improves processes, procedures and tools related to the CAP program; conducts cause analysis, and provides enterprise-wide monitoring and trending. The ECAP department will also oversee the CAP program supporting HR, General Counsel, Compliance, Energy Policy & Procurement, and Finance & Risk to be known as the Corporate Services CAP department.
The Enterprise Corrective Action Program includes the management of failures, incidents, nonconformities, and other issues or problems across the enterprise. The corrective action process includes multiple steps:
1) Issue submission/identification,
2) Issue categorization/risk assessment,
3) Cause evaluation,
4) Corrective action implementation,
5) Issue resolution/closure,
6) Trending/monitoring and
7) Effectiveness of corrective actions/assurance.
The Senior ECAP Specialist is responsible for supporting CAP assessments, developing performance metrics, and tracking performance of the CAP process through the use of metrics. The position performs analytics on ECAP data to identify potential adverse trends, strengths, improvement opportunities, performance shortfalls and systemic issues that need specific actions. The position may also assist with investigations or data analysis of issues that occur within various lines of business and be responsible for assisting with operational learning and operating experience communications.In addition to providing metrics and supporting investigations, this position will function as a subject matter expert providing guidance, recommendations and coaching of management and their teams on the CAP process. Assists in the development of quality management systems and plans for process improvement to assure quality assurance and quality control measures are implemented. Evaluates effectiveness of, and recommends improvements in business process, practice and procedures. Identifies and communicates opportunities for improvement.
• Demonstrate adaptability by being capable of performing a wide variety of tasks and being able to change focus quickly as demands change in an ever-changing environment.
• Possess excellent analytical problem solving skills to solve both simple and complex problems.
• Communicate and influence effectively using excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts of various levels.
• Reliably take personal responsibility and hold others accountable for performing quality work in a timely manner.
• Work effectively and efficiently in a diverse team environment.
Corrective Action Program (CAP):
• Collect, analyze, and present data to all levels of leadership
• Provide reporting metrics to show how the overall program and various functional areas are performing
• Perform trend analysis on issues that have been submitted into CAP
• Mentor and assist personnel with the administration of the Corrective Action Program (CAP)
• Assist with the development of teams to perform investigations of issues identified within CAP
• Verify corrective actions are implemented and validate effectiveness to prevent recurrence of issues
• Generate detailed and summary reports and operating experience communications of cause evaluations
• Provide feedback and recommendations on systemic issues to various stakeholders.
• Work to create partnerships, promoting teamwork within and across groups
• Leads teams to perform business process analysis
• Participates in business process reengineering
• Review failure data, perform trend analysis, and make recommendations to improve system performance
• Recommends process improvements for monitoring, executing and reporting
• Provides quality recommendations by evaluating and reviewing processes in lines of businesses or departments
• Promotes performance improvement
• May coach less experienced team members
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5 years of progressive experience in utility or in other regulated industry, to include experience with cause evaluation methods and investigations
•Cause evaluation certification, e.g., HFACS, RCA, ACE, 5-Whys, Fault Tree Analysis or similar
• Bachelor’s degree
• Working knowledge of SAP and MII
• Experience with operating experience communications
• Experience working with a corrective action program
• Experience in business process reengineering