Job Description:The Domain Architect develops innovative solutions and technology strategy for various domain specific Business Intelligence, Marketing and other enterprise level projects. They own the domain level solution design strategy for Enterprise Data Solutions organization for T-Mobile, and partner with other architects. The role makes recommendations for new procedures and overall architectural approach, partnering with senior level Architects. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises judgement in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Informal supervision of other's work assignments. This position also will work very closely with Leadership, Principal Architects, Business users and Development team members to build out and execute the Data Strategy. Enterprise Core Competencies:Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, and results focus.
- Interacts effectively with Senior management to effect solutions for domain architecture.
- Owns solution design for cross domain initiatives and works across domains to ensure cohesive solution.
- Drives to practical solutions considering all teams, initiatives and long-term strategy.
- Participates in defining domain strategy and ensures alignment within the domain; facilitates hand-off of implementation to other Dev Op team members to deliver and follow patterns.
Technology and System
- Drives the high-level solution design (HLSD) for assigned initiatives.
- Ensures quality, consistency and alignment of designs to TMUS standards (like ArchiMate) and digital strategy.
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
- Drives large domain initiatives that supports digital standards to project Solution Architecture, drives Technical Strategy and architectural tradeoff discussions.
- Leads the technical design process for applicable cross domain initiatives.
- Balances constraints in IT, business, delivery to deliver optimal architecture for an initiative.
- Ensures Digital Architecture standards are applied; negotiates and documents
- Owns technical solution on domain initiatives and contributes to cross domain
- initiatives. Develops innovative solutions and technology strategy.
- Supports creation the following artifacts: High Level Solution Design that includes conceptual and technology architecture, system impacts, data statistics and level of effort.
- Defines an architecture that optimizes for flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance and availability within the domain. Partners with dependent domain architects to ensure architecture is aligned with upstream and downstream systems.
Relationship and People Management
- Applies a broad understanding of the products, systems and technologies across the business portfolio and deep technical ability on integration of these components to deliver a cohesive E2E solution architecture for a given initiative.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements that the system analysts and other technical team members drive into the project design and delivery.
Leads contractors and manages their day to day activities
- Drives cross-business responsibilities by providing proactive relationship building and end-user support to multiple organizations within the company when issues arise.
- Builds partnerships with the business to influence their business and functional priorities and aligns domain technical solutions and roadmaps.
- Partners side-by-side with devs on new patterns until dev takes on ownership.
Qualifications:Minimum Required Qualifications
- 5+ Years' related work experience in Business Intelligence and Marketing domains.
EducationMinimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math or Science Capacity
- Minimum 5 years' of progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
- 5 years' working in solutions design and enterprise architecture delivering IT solutions.
- 5 years' of experience in Enterprise applications, MDM, Metadata, data lifecycle management, storage planning, virtualization and/or visualization technology.
- 5 years' of experience on many of the following specific technologies
- Teradata and related data warehouse technologies
- Hadoop and related big data technologies
- SAS-MA and other related marketing automation technologies
- Business Objects, Tableau, PowerBI and other similar reporting tools
- Cloud based BI and Data warehouse implementations (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Informatica and other similar data integration and ingestion technologies
- Kafka, Spark, RabbitMQ and other similar streaming and messaging technologies
- Proven ability executing high-profile projects and providing thought leadership to an organization.
- Experience in delivering industrial platforms or horizontal software middleware.
- Knowledge of technologies and Packaged Platform/Systems including SAP, IBM, Oracle, Public Cloud services, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Minimum Qualifications:*Li-CS1Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.