The Sutter Health Design & Innovation Team believes in the power of design to inspire and delight. Our goal is to create friction-free healthcare that is simple, engaging and human by launching internal product and service experiences, partnering externally with world-class thought leaders and companies, and helping to create an internal culture of innovation.
Sutter Health is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit healthcare systems, serving 3 million patients across 25 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities in Northern California. The Design & Innovation team moves fast, and has the feel of a small startup within a large organization. We are perpetually curious about people, and that empathy fuels our work.
The Design & Innovation team is seeking a Software Engineer to lead design and development of innovative software applications that improve the health of populations, integrating community health with a new level of personalized clinical care. This is an opportunity to work for social good and make a contribution to programs that raise the health status of the communities we live in.
The Software Engineer on our Design & Innovation team will work in the engineering team on both internal development and partnership projects, which include web applications, mobile apps, and other technology-related ventures. You will work closely with the engineering team on rapid prototyping of new applications and expanding functionality and service of existing applications. You will work with a diverse team that includes business leaders, developers (both internal and external), data scientists, designers, researchers, and product managers to create useful and elegant solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to:
* Be part of a team that is transforming healthcare.
* Join a true innovation organization : Work with a multidisciplinary team on disruptive solutions that bridge many sectors: medicine, community health, technology, non-profit. Out-of-the-box thinking is not only encouraged, it's a must.
* Be a healthcare entrepreneur with impact : Your work will be pivotal to creating scalable and sustainable solutions that truly impact patient experience.
* Work for social good: We're building programs designed to raise the quality of life and health status of our communities. Know that your contributions can change the lives of vulnerable populations. Be a part of building community.
Build software prototypes rapidly to prove value before enterprise-scale development
* Build software in a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, and desktop
* Drive development of quick iterative functional prototypes that move understanding of product requirements forward
* Demonstrate engineering best practices and architectural patterns
* Generalist programming in a variety of platforms and software environments
Work closely with the engineering team to develop and deploy our enterprise scale IC technical platforms and applications
Learn healthcare content relevant to software projects
Support Design & Innovation activities
Admin and other responsibilities as assigned by manager
3-5 years’ experience required in:
• 2+ years as a software engineer
• Experience with object-oriented programming
• Experience building web applications, mobile applications, or desktop applications (the more the better)
• Experience in all aspects of software product lifecycle, from concept to fast prototype, design, build, deployment, and support. Ability to translate business strategy into technical vision and strategy through prototype creation, refinement and enterprise scale implementation
3-5 years’ experience preferred in:
• Familiarity with Human Centered Design processes
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues in terms clearly understood by technical and non-technical audiences
• Health care work experience considered a plus
• Epic certified in Ambulatory and MyChart, experience in Epic Cache code development considered a plus