Overview:The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft, and fraud. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts.
IBM is looking for a passionate and experienced software developer to join their software lab in Cork. IBM Ireland plays a key role in developing and supporting IBMs technology in Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security, and Cognitive computing.
Reporting to a Development Manager and working with a global team, you will design, code, and test new product features for a highly valued security product in IBM. You will also be involved in build automation and DevOps work, product documentation, and work with QA teams on defect resolution.
• Work as part of an Agile team to understand feature requirements.
• Full ownership of new features, with a willingness to design, code, and test.
• DevOps role to maintain, support, and optimize development environments to enable continuous software delivery.
• Work with QA teams to resolve defects.
• Contribute to product documentation.
• Do appropriate education, planning, and follow-through to stay technically current.
• Be innovative and propose new ideas for features and processes.
• Willingness to lead and mentor software developers on the team.
• Self-starter who learns new technologies quickly, can multi-task, and has strong analytical skills.
• Familiar with agile development principles and scrum methodology.
• Ability to communicate design decision to various stakeholders
• Solve complex technical problems using most current best practices.
• Non-relational database (e.g. Cloudant, MongoDB) understanding desirable.
• Experience with Kubernetes or similar container technology.
• Works well in a global team environment but is also able to work independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See job description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
See job description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.