Senior Software Engineer Job Description
Do you want to be part of a cutting-edge product development team focused on bringing the best data virtualization product to the market? You will be a hands-on developer partnering with team leads, technical leads, solution architects and data architects to design and implement new features using state of the art technologies.
Required skills & Technical Expertise:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Interest in working with leading edge technology
- Exposure/Adaptability to learning Open Source Technologies
- Agile Development experience
- Micro-services architecture and software development
- Knowledge of relational database model, SQL language
- Knowledge of Open Source Hadoop and Spark Ecosystems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivation and a desire for on-going learning
- Ability to work comfortably independently as well as in teams
- 5+ years working with Linux, Java, Python
- 2+ years working with GitHub, Jenkins
- 2+ years working with Docker, Kubernetes
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelors in Computer or Software Engineering.
- Master's degree preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.