Looking for a strong product leader to set the vision for UCC and lead an integrated cross-functional product team to achieve that vision for T-Mobile for Business. Your mandate will be to deliver the business requirements for un-carrier Unified Communications & Collaboration. You must be a proven product management professional who is comfortable defining product strategy, and leading virtual teams with a thorough understanding and comfort with unified communications and collaboration, cloud management, networking and security solutions for businesses, allowing you to be able to hit the ground running in this role.
If you were given the opportunity to paint the future unified communications and collaboration software as a service on a canvas of over 100 million users and had the strength of a $40B company and brand behind you, what would it look like?
The T-Mobile For Business Product Line Management team is working on that exact challenge. Our mission is simple - Innovate and disrupt markets with un-carrier products for business. The Senior Product Line Manager SMB, UCC will work closely with UX, technology and is the business owner for UCC focusing on the SMB segment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have demonstrated a passion for leading and inspiring people and starting and growing businesses, and delivering products and services that are loved by users, scalable, high quality, and with reusability in mind. This leader must be a deep technologist with an entrepreneurial spirit to start and grow businesses, proven expertise in improving productivity, driving customer satisfaction, and maintaining technology and security controls. The candidate must have multiple years of experience leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, global software technology company with exceptional growth.
Note this is a senior level individual contributor position that requires leadership ability and management of a virtual product team and their results. Though you will not have direct reports, it's critical that you are skilled in directing, influencing and motivating teams to success.
The Senior Product Line Manager SMB- UCC is the business owner for T-Mobile For Business's UCC SMB segment and will lead an integrated product team to deliver UCC products. The individual must be entrepreneurial and is expected to manage the growth of UCC into a billion dollar business. Reporting to the Director of Product Line Management T-Mobile For Business, this individual will lead a virtual team to deliver UCC, and will assist with business planning support, forecasting, financial reporting & analysis, product prioritization, developing multi-year product roadmaps, business model canvas creation and iteration, and business case development. The successful candidate will apply their expert knowledge in software product management, unified communications and collaboration, SMB personas and emerging business needs, and assist the T-Mobile For Business management team in achieving their strategic goals. Primary Responsibilities
- Develop the business model canvas and build the necessary infrastructure to support go to market for UCCaaS for SMB
- Gain buy in and support from senior executives to support go-to-market activities
- Understand and prioritize customer needs
- Understand and earn the respect of world-class engineers and product managers; you deliver business requirements that are crisp, focused and ready for execution. Collaborate with development, security, architecture, quality, support, experience, program, and infrastructure partners in coordinating delivery of complex, multi-year objectives
- Work with sales professionals and customers to develop a deep understanding of customer needs
- Engage customers at any level ranging from network/telecom operators all the way to C-level execs. Present at Executive briefings, sales kickoffs and customer meetings.
- Present T-Mobile For Business in public forums.
- Deliver data driven decision-making
- Document use cases, telecom/network/security administrator workflows and deployment scenarios
- Identify, nurture and execute strategic partnerships when build/buy is not an option.
- Identify and capitalize on emerging market and competitive trends
- Manage capital budgets, manage product life cycle, deliver on a portfolio of UCC products, to grow business and drive market disruption
- Ensure that products meet regulatory, security, and legal compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and expertise in the following: persuasion, negotiation, meeting management, and oral presentations
- Passion for creating unparalleled customer experiences through product
- 7+ years of experience managing a customer-focused cross-functional product team in a rapidly growing environment
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in development and going to market with sophisticated communications and collaboration systems, telecommunications, mobile, wireless and wired networking including software defined networking, and security. Must have a deep understanding of telecommunications systems and enterprise networks.
- 7+ years managing, mentoring, motivating and growing a mature and goal-driven functional virtual team either as a manager or team lead; must have strong history of developing people, both technically and individually.
- 7+ years' experience leading integrated product teams with both premise and cloud-based products, must have led in a lean Agile/scrum environment.
- Ability to serve as a collaborative and effective partner with business unit executives; ability to influence decisions across functions
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office. Graphical presentation of quantitative data; Interpreting and communicating results/recommendations
- A bias for action with proven experience leading, and managing transformation projects
- Ability to recognize risks and opportunities impacting the business and their implications as well as communicate recommendations effectively to senior leaders in the organization
- Strong business process acumen
- PBX experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Computer Science or Technology related field
- MBA preferred
- Travel requirements: less than 20%
Minimum Qualifications:Minimum Requirements
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screen
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.