The (RED) brand and a thoughtful approach to all creative outputs are key assets to the organization’s success. We are a small team of visual storytellers that taps into people’s passions to engage them with the AIDS fight - whether it’s through shopping, eating, music, art or experiences.
(RED)’s focus on best-in-class brand and design spans channels including (RED)’s social and digital channels, partner products and supporting channels, as well as content production, events and campaigns. It also plays a key role in ensuring (RED)’s business development team has stand-out creative ideas to bring new partners into the fight. An unrelenting focus on (RED)’s brand values ensures all output is inspiring, provocative, optimistic and smart.
Reporting in to (RED)’s Marketing Director and working closely with the Chief Communications and Campaigns Officer and team members from across the organization, the role is responsible for the custodianship and creative direction of (RED)’s visual identity and ensuring it is always the very best it can be. This role requires a person with passion for great design and compelling narratives, strategic thinking, creativity, and a "get your hands dirty" approach to execution and implementation. The role will manage the day to day of freelance and design support.
This is a full-time, exempt opportunity reporting directly to the Marketing Director based in our New York office.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years’ experience across Marketing, Communications, Advertising, and/or Design disciplines
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency with various CMS platforms
Understanding of best practices and emerging design trends within the current media landscape
- Demonstrated digital expertise, including understanding of and experience with front-end technologies, agile development methodology, user-centered design principles and understanding of emerging technologies
- Proven experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary design projects – can get down into the details of design as needed but also manage outside creative resources
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines and groups
- Excellent storytelling capabilities: providing appropriate business, design consumer and cultural and strategic context that lie behind the design
- Ability to manage a number of concurrent projects, multi-task and work to deliver outstanding work often on tight timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Mac software. Experience using Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability to work and live in the U.S. is required
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a cross-divisional organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Impeccable writing and presentation skills
- Creative thinker who is adept at working on multiple projects simultaneously, often working with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with media and influencers in a discreet, calm, and professional manner
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver