Imagine your next position developing Consumer and Marketplace Insights for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities. At the Altria family of companies, we’re not content with just maintaining the status quo. We’re determined to leverage our resources toward true innovation; product innovation, process simplification, new ways of thinking and doing.
We have created an atmosphere where we are committed to personal development and achieving your career goals. This is your opportunity to unleash your potential, be a part of a passionate, committed, highly effective team and work on leading-edge products in a rapidly evolving space. Enter a whole new level of challenge and reward at Altria.
We are currently looking for a Senior Analyst of Consumer and Marketplace Insights
to join us at our headquarters in Richmond, VA.
The talented individual we seek will be responsible for analyzing consumer and marketplace information to produce actionable consumer-centric insights.HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA:
- Develop and execute primary consumer research and analytics to develop consumer centric insights and business recommendations
- Provide direction to suppliers based on evolving needs of the business
- Integrate consumer and marketplace data and analysis from multiple sources to generate and present consumer-centric insights in order to provide actionable business recommendations to all levels of management
- Serve as a strategic thinking partner to stakeholders through client relationships and consultative skills
We are seeking a results driven team player with a sound understanding and broad experience in consumer research. WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible consumer research experience, with strong preference for experience in a fast moving consumer goods industry
- The ability to apply both quantitative and qualitative research methods to solve business problems
- The ability to apply specialized market research principles, business processes, and technologies to solve problems
- The ability to connect consumer and marketplace data to develop consumer insights
- Experience leading and completing complex research projects based on understanding of business issues and strategies
- Ability to translate analytical results to business implications through excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage and develop project pipelines while working on multiple projects and priorities in rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong problem solving, critical and strategic thinking skills, and the creativity to find and try new solutions
- A sense of urgency and curiosity, and the courage and confidence to debate across all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy, planning issues, resource allocation, and priority setting
- Experience in consumer foresight & trends and strategic planning a strong plus
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel & PowerPoint and experience with statistical tools.
- Experience effectively managing consumer research vendors or vendor side experience a plus
- Graduate degree (MBA, MMR or MA/MS in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, or Analytics) is strongly preferred
The Altria Family of Companies includes Philip Morris USA, US Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, Nu Mark and more. Our mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Our core brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black and Mild and MarkTen. Altria Client Services’ role is to provide high quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are committed to true innovation, process simplification, diversity and inclusion, and rewarding our employees with strong benefits.Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary with annual incentive compensation target
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees, spouses or domestic partners and eligible dependents
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan that includes options for personal contributions and company match as well as additional company contributions
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, 14 paid holidays and vacation purchase option
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.