Senior Engineer, Mobile
We are looking for a Senior Developer to help T-Mobile deliver the next generation of the T-Mobile mobile application (T-Mobile App). We want you to work with business stake holders and deliver awesome mobile experiences to our customers. We value skills delivering and working with Open Source tools and infrastructure. You are self-driven, work well in a team, have great communication skills and bring leading edge skills on mobile technology to T-Mobile.
In T-Mobile's App team, we work cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobileâ€™s business goals, business architectures, and technology architectures â€ and strive to further T-Mobileâ€™s business goals via organic or inorganic evolution of T-Mobileâ€™s architectures.
The Senior Developer is responsible for designing/coding creative and scalable systems and software solutions that address business/technical needs in an ever changing competitive market. You will define and maintain architecture and technology standards and best practices for mobile apps. In addition, you will provide guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with standards and best practices and evaluate and recommend technologies and techniques for applicability to T-Mobile systems.
- iOS app development using: Swift / Objective-C (all new development is in Swift)
- Android app development using: Java
- Perform detailed technical design and implementation of complex iOS and/or Android applications
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements for large customer facing products (millions of users), starting from design through implementation.
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer facing new products, platforms and features.
- Improve product quality through code reviews, writing effective unit tests
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Thorough conceptual and hands-on knowledge of architectural patterns and best practices relating to complex mobile and progressive web apps.
- 6+ years of strong object oriented application development experience
- 5+ years of complex iOS and/or Android mobile application development experience
- Strong understanding of Objective-C, Swift and/or Java
- Solid grasp of mobile networking and REST Web Services
- Experience and understanding of large and complex code bases and architectures.
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices.
- Familiarity with agile development methods (Scrum/Kanban)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
T-Mobile USA offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, mobile phone and service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Company Profile:As Americaâ€™s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: â€œTMUSâ€?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyâ€™s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.