Job Description:T-Mobile is revolutionizing the way consumers use wireless. As a key contributor to T-Mobile's path to a simplistic and delightful digital experience for customers, we are seeking a Senior Director, Technology Platforms and Product Management. As part of T-Mobile's Digital Experience & Enablement organization, the Senior Director will set the vision for key strategic capabilities, data and technology for marketing, develop and drive alignment on a technology roadmap tied to the objectives and priorities of cross-functional stakeholders in marketing, product and technology, and be a key decision maker on the right-fit technology providers to fill the gaps. This leader is not only a change agent with technical depth and a passion for marketing but also skilled at building and developing high-performing agile teams.
Un-carrier Product Management Oversight:
- Create an overarching vision and strategy for T-Mobile's enterprise MarTech/AdTech Stack that enables marketing to our prospects & customers; accommodating both B2C and B2B
- Develop a perspective and approach on prioritization and development of core capabilities (APIs/micro-services, identity, etc.) that can be leveraged across the enterprise for marketing, product, sales & service
- Drive appropriate integration across B2C and B2B considering core capabilities, MarTech/AdTech and Digital
- Provide thought leadership for key strategic initiatives across marketing, product and operations.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams driving effective collaboration across product, technology & marketing
- Work with and lead multi-functional teams of engineers, marketing ops, media ops and marketers to prioritize features, plan releases and ensure end-to-end execution on the marketing capabilities strategy and roadmap. Provide regular executive updates as to the progress of the team.
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
- Serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product design decisions that will impact the customer and Frontline.
- Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch.
- Champion a point-of-view to leadership regarding the relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase.
- Guide product managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by Engineering.
- Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
- Hire top talent and build effective succession planning.
- Coach team members as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources.
- Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives.
- Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support critical business objectives, requirements change management, and partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Raise awareness of team's plans, insights and accomplishments to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
- Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- Lead teams in partnering with key business stakeholders and strategy team members to develop clear and complete opportunity assessments and business requirements.
- Be an advocate and accelerator for the adoption of cloud-based solutions in support of marketing
- Serve as an ambassador for a fast-paced, technology-enabled, customer centric telco work environment
- Lead Product Management in developing and implementing scalable processes and/or tools to enable functional productivity.
- Support senior leadership and the Technology organization in developing and improving product development, product management and project management practices.
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- This leader is multifaceted with a strong head for business, and in-depth knowledge of marketing and digital transformation
- Demonstrates a keen understanding of the evolving Marketing/Advertising Technology Landscape and the ability to leverage such knowledge to strike the right balance between addressing business as usual and innovation
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional teams toward a common goal
- Able to break the mold and think differently to change the status quo
- Demonstrated ability to lead in an agile delivery environment
- A solid leader who has built and led high-performing marketing or product teams
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- Smart and innovative; thinks outside the box
- Strategically-minded, contributes to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Customer-obsessed; considers the impact on customers with every business decision
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Demonstrated leadership capability in recruiting, retaining and developing a dynamic, high-performing team
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.