Job Description:T-Mobile is revolutionizing the way consumers use wireless. As a key contributor to T-Mobile's path to a simplistic and delightful digital experience for customers, we are seeking a Senior Director, Mobile Apps. As part of T-Mobile's Marketing & Digital Experience organization, the Senior Director will create a Mobile App Center of Excellence, focused on building best-in-class applications that drive both customer and business value through thoughtful, high quality digital experiences. This leader is both a digital transformation guru and skilled at building and developing high-performing agile teams, including product owners, designers, and developers.
Responsibilities:More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
Un-carrier Product Management Oversight:
- Create an overarching vision and strategy for T-Mobile's mobile experience for customers.
- Build and foster a mobile app Center of Excellence with a focus on rationalizing the current portfolio of apps and building a framework for maintaining said portfolio as well as delivering new app products to market in concert with the product strategy.
- Partnering with the Vice President and other key stakeholders to create and deliver a delightful end to end mobile experience for customers, which ultimately will increase T-Mobile's presence in the mobile space.
- Build frameworks in which we'll operate cross-functionally to deliver this experience.
- Build a prioritized mobile app roadmap and establish key metrics that focus on advancing app engagement and inform the success of the product.
- Work with and lead multi-functional teams of engineers, designers, analysts and marketers to prioritize features, plan releases and ensure end-to-end execution on the strategy and roadmap. Provide regular executive updates as to the progress of the team.
- Partner closely with marketing strategy to inform tactics that drive app engagement
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
- Serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product design decisions that will impact the customer and Frontline.
- Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch.
- Champion a point-of-view to leadership regarding the relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase.
- Guide product managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by Engineering.
- Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
- Hire top talent and build effective succession planning.
- Develop, lead and inspire a team responsible for defining and delivering the mobile app product capability roadmap.
- Coach team members as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources.
- Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives.
- Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support critical business objectives, requirements change management, and partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Raise awareness of team's plans, insights and accomplishments to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
- Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- Lead teams in partnering with key business stakeholders and strategy team members to develop clear and complete opportunity assessments and business requirements.
- Lead Product Management in developing and implementing scalable processes and/or tools to enable functional productivity.
- Support senior leadership and the Technology organization in developing and improving product development, product management and project management practices.
Qualifications:While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- A mobile app expert, with substantial digital product management experience. The ideal candidate has worked for both start-ups and medium/large corporations
- Proven track record of driving innovation in the consumer services/products space that has specifically changed consumer behavior and driven increased self-service.
- Strong understanding of, and experience managing, CX, UX and development resources. Technical background with ability to contribute to a technical vision is preferred.
- A customer advocate who sees things with a customer lens. Has produced simple mobile solutions and top-notch experiences for consumers
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional teams toward a common goal
- Able to break the mold and think differently to change the status quo
- Great track record of driving product improvements through data based decision making through user testing, data analysis and A/B testing
- Demonstrated ability to lead in an agile delivery environment
- A solid leader who has built and led high-performing marketing or product teams
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Smart and innovative; thinks outside the box
- Strategically-minded, contributes to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Customer-obsessed; considers the impact on customers with every business decision
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Demonstrated leadership capability in recruiting, retaining and developing a dynamic, high-performing team
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.