Job Description:T-Mobile is seeking a Senior Director, Accounting & Assistant Controller to lead key accounting functions within a highly dynamic, complex subscription-based business, and drive large scale projects including system implementations, mergers and acquisitions. This key executive will lead a highly proficient and efficient finance operation, which serves as an instrumental partner to the business in solving root cause issues and driving results for a wide array of business initiatives. The Senior Director, Accounting & Assistant Controller will lead a team of approximately 60 professionals, and interface with a wide set of stakeholders across the business.
Responsibilities:Going a little deeper, we're inviting you to:
- In partnership with the VP/Controller, lead the organization's transformation from serving as a traditional Accounting support function, to a strategic partner with the business by providing timely analysis for customer-oriented initiatives and solving root cause issues.
- Oversee critical accounting functions, including: device sales and financing, supply chain and device insurance, network and capital assets, treasury and corporate accounting.
- Act as a key advisor to business and finance leaders on accounting and reporting matters.
- Build, lead and inspire a high-performing Accounting organization, with a focus on developing and implementing solid succession planning.
- Serve as a key member on enterprise-wide projects such as new product initiatives, M&A transactions and system development projects.
- Drive end to end process owner expertise in the accounting team that can be leveraged to influence enterprise-wide process improvement initiatives.
- Create efficiencies in accounting processes by moving away from legacy manual processes and implementing technology solutions and automation. This will include contributing to a major system implementation and build-out.
- Ensure our financial statements are completed timely and accurately in compliance with GAAP and IFRS; accounting estimates are appropriate given the risks and uncertainties involved; and our accounting records contain the information necessary to meet our reporting requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls within accounting processes to ensure the accuracy and objectivity of our consolidated financial records and statements, including compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Provide thoughtful but accurate viewpoints that are crucial to the credibility of the accounting function and to achieving agreement with external auditors and other stakeholders.
Qualifications:While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
Enough about what you've done. Let's talk about who you are.
- A transformational Controller level executive with a large ($1B+) technology driven, dynamic and complex public company. Prior telco/wireless industry experience preferred.
- Possesses a blend of public accounting and corporate experience strikes the right balance of deep, technical expertise and business orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to partner closely with the business, providing valuable insights and data to optimize business results.
- Successful track record of creating efficiencies via streamlining, automating, and simplifying processes with technology solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership of a large accounting department; strong ability to hire, retain, and develop top notch talent and leaders.
- Leadership experience in a high-velocity, high-growth business, which puts a premium on collaboration with other finance and operations executives.
- Experienced presenting to and making recommendations at the C-Level.
- Familiarity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Experience with SAP or other large ERP environments, complex billing systems, and system implementation projects.
- Previous experience leading an Accounting/Finance organization through a merger integration is strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Accounting or MBA preferred.
- Certified Public or Chartered Accountant
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment
- Takes a collaborative and proactive approach to problem solving, with an ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Highly analytical and systematic
- Strategically-minded; contributes to holistically solving business problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator who can distill information into a digestible presentation for senior executives
- Customer focused
- Strong people leadership skills and the ability to build solid succession planning
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team culture where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and results, and giving effective feedback in a timely manner; able to make tough decisions when appropriate
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.