We are a Fortune 200 company, proud to call Richmond, Virginia our home. Our companies – which have been the undisputed market leaders in the U.S. tobacco industry for decades – include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, the maker of Marlboro cigarettes, and U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, the maker of Copenhagen and Skoal. We also own John Middleton, manufacturer of Black & Mild cigars, Nat Sherman, a super-premium cigarette and cigar business and Nu Mark, an innovation company which makes e-vapor products like Mark Ten.
We complement our total tobacco platform with Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of Chateau Ste. Michelle, and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev – the world's largest brewer.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Project Engineer - Electrical to join our department in Nashville, TN. The successful individual would be responsible for installation/integration of new machinery and processes for production of canning equipment, process machinery, and large utilities. This will include the transfer of technology to USSTC from outside engineering organizations and the training of our mechanical and operations staff to support this new equipment.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Electrical & Mechanical design input to engineering project team leads/vendors at early stages of project development.
- Project manage electrical, mechanical, civil trades to install equipment into USSTC facilities.
- Integration of equipment into existing production lines.
- Review/Creation of documents required to install/support new production equipment.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) of equipment prior to shipment to USSTC production facilities.
- Create work instructions for proper operation and care of equipment after arrival in production.
- Project manage new subassemblies and parts to support optimization of equipment and efficiency.
- Utilizes testing and evaluation of manufacturing data to improve production efficiency.
- Develop and manage schedules, scopes, and budgets to report project status to senior management.
- Must be willing to travel to regional facilities and vendor sites domestically or offshore.
- Prefer Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degrees such as Mechanical or Chemical engineering with 2-5 years’ experience.
- Business case evaluation and feasibility analysis to development capital appropriation funding
- Direct and lead external engineering and consulting resources, manage internal and external project and construction resources.
- Experience in manufacturing with specifics in packaging equipment and/or process equipment.
- Leadership experience of teams in a production environment. Ability to work cross functionally in an engineering/production environment using good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in developing schedules, scopes, and budgets.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement. In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your Mechanical Engineering skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.