We are currently seeking a Psychometrician to join our Clinical Operations area. The successful candidate will conduct behavioral science work to validate self-report measures of key endpoints in clinical and behavioral studies used in support of Altria Client Services’ Premarket Tobacco Applications (PMTA), Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications (MRTP) and other market order requirements. Specific Accountabilities include:
- Serving as subject matter expert to identify opportunities worth pursuing in area of interest in response to requirements or guidelines established by regulatory agencies and in alignment to enterprise wide strategic and tactical initiatives
- Leading cross functional teams in health outcomes research studies
- Formulating health outcome questions by working closely with public health subject matter experts (epidemiologists)
- Leading psychometric studies to develop and validate questionnaires used in clinical, behavioral, and health outcomes research studies
- Providing guidance on optimal self-report measures to be utilized as endpoints in clinical, behavioral and health outcomes research studies
- Providing statistical support in study design (e.g. statistical justification of primary endpoint, sample size estimation, randomization plan) for behavioral and health outcomes research studies
- Contributing in the development of methodology and statistical sections in study protocols and Statistical Analysis Plans for behavioral and health outcomes research studies
- Establishing relationships with external partners (e.g., subject matter experts in academia) and being engaged with scientific organizations that contribute to potential policy and rule-making in areas of expertise
- Managing outsourced behavioral and health outcomes research studies
- Mentoring of early career research scientists
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria Client Services’ role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement. In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
- PhD in psychology or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience which can include academic experience
- Experience leading psychometric studies
- Experience with research in industry settings preferred
- Experience with common SAS or SPSS statistical procedures. Demonstrated SAS or SPSS statistical programming skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Good time management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Must be available to travel 10-15% of the time
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.