Role Title: Actuary, Actuarial and Risk Analytics
Business: Risk Management
New or Existing Role? Existing
· Actuarial and Risk Analytics (ARA) is a centre of excellence established within Global Risk, providing actuarial and analytical services to insurance businesses across HSBC The team consists of 40 actuaries and risk experts, with backgrounds covering risk, actuarial and analytics, providing technical support and analysis to multiple territories across the Western hemisphere.
· The purpose of the role is:
· To contribute to the work produced by the ARA in the following areas for any country within our remit e.g. experience analyses, IFRS reporting, local statutory reporting, economic capital calculations, pricing, model governance and ad-hoc project work.
Impact on Business
Customers / Stakeholders
Leadership & Teamwork
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Leadership on:
· Specific areas for insurance businesses e.g. IFRS reporting, local statutory reporting, economic capital calculations and ad-hoc projects,
· Knowledge of insurance product and regulations in overseas markets.
· New and emerging industry practice related to capital and technical provisions.
Management of Risk
· The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
· This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
· Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
· The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
· This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.