Job DescriptionChange the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation. Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress. Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit! *This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term. What IBM Offers You?
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Job Description At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career! As the number of security breaches continues to rise, so does the need for highly skilled cybersecurity professionals. The IBM Industry Platforms Security and Compliance Office is tasked to ensure security and other regulatory controls are in place for IBM offerings in Watson Financial Services Solutions, Blockchain, as well as IBM core platforms. Our mission is to ensure our offerings are secure, eliminated attack vectors from IBM offerings before they are exploited. You would be joining a senior leadership team reporting into the Chief Information and Security Officer (CISO) for IBM Industry Platforms office. Projects you may be working on include: Work with IBM subject matter experts, learn and assist with several tasks including understanding security controls required for applications, primarily in the SaaS / Cloud space. Working with the development offering across Industry Platforms to help ensure they are meeting regulatory compliances, implementing and executing on security controls within their offerings, and provide analytics on how to improve our offerings. If you have strong technical skills, attention for detail, great organizational skills, a desire to help others succeed, motivation and a passion for creating and supporting great products, and an interest in Computer Science, Engineering, Regulatory Compliance, Cybersecurity, then consider an internship with IBM security and compliance organization.
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Course work or on the job knowledge in one or more of the following: Security, Software Engineering
- Course work or on the job knowledge of using web application development tools and techniques, SaaS / Cloud applications and deployment
- Understanding of software engineering principles and practices
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Knowledge of the software development cycle and Agile software methodologies
- Experience with application security, data security, or other security disciplines
- Experience with SaaS / Cloud development
- Knowledge of regulatory compliances
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.