IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
The SAP Solution Architect (SolMan) will be responsible for applying expertise/capabilities to lead implementation of Solution Manager for IT and Business Process Monitoring. You will architect SAP Solution Landscapes and provide assistance on:
- Landscape growth assessment.
- Establish standards and thresholds for monitoring and auditing to ensure stable and supportable reporting implementation and continual requested capabilities.
- Drive service improvements and efficiencies through the design and development of effective automation.
- Participate and collaborate with other operations teams to provide root-cause analysis for all client outages and failed changes in the environment
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.Career growth
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.Corporate citizenship
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!(2252) pshjRequired Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 5+ years of experience in SAP Basis in a large compute environment.
- 5+ years of experience in knowledge of operating system (Solaris), SAP system administration, SAP correction and transport systems, and SAP system monitoring and tuning.
- Experience in implementing Solution Manager Basic Configuration including EAW and managed systems configuration.
- Experience in implementing Technical Monitoring including PI and BI Monitoring.
- Experience in implementing End User Monitoring and Dashboards.
- Experience in implementing Job Scheduling.
- Experience in implementing ChaRM(Change request Management).
- Experience in Data Volume Management, ITSM, BPM, BPCA and Test.
- Federal experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Management/Quality Gate preferred.
- DoD experience preferred.
- Active Secret clearance preferred.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.