Research Scientist Biological Sciences Insights
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Research Scientist to join our Biological Sciences Insights (BSI) group in Richmond, VA. The selected candidate will use their scientific and technical expertise to design, implement and interpret nonclinical (in-vitro and/or in-vivo) toxicological product evaluation tests.
Specific accountabilities include:
• Identifying novel product evaluation tools and qualified toxicology contract labs
• Designing and managing in-vitro and/or in-vivo toxicology studies for e-vapor and other next generation tobacco products
• Serving as a subject matter expert for nonclinical toxicological product evaluation test
• Aligning in-vitro and/or in-vivo toxicology study timelines with business priorities
• Writing in-vitro and/or in-vivo toxicology sections of regulatory applications; incorporating systems toxicology into overall assessmentQualifications include:
• A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum 5 years of relevant experiences on nonclinical (GLP & non-GLP) studies, including mechanistic (systems tox, omics) evaluation
• Advanced degree in toxicology, physiology or related field and/or DABT certification is preferred
• Experience with short-term and long-term inhalation studies in rodents with various test articles (aerosols, particulates)
• Hands-on experiences in conducting and interpreting data from systems tox (transcriptomics, proteomics) including novel toxicological testing tools
• Excellent project management skills and attention to details; strong interpersonal skills and leadership; excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good business acumen and the ability to work on a team with members at various levels
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company whose mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company.
Altria Client Services’ role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.