The RIA Salesperson will work as part of HSBC Global Asset Management’s Institutional Sales Team, working with US RIAs to represent HSBC Global Asset Management investment strategies including Emerging Market Debt, Structured Credit and Smart Beta equity strategies. The Salesperson will be responsible for a consultative sales process in raising assets from a defined list of target institutions.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be a collaborative, goal-oriented fundraising professional with a distinguished track record of raising assets with institutional clients. Significant institutional relationships and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior field consultants – in coordination with the consultant relations team – that influence clients are important attributes. The ability to operate with limited oversight; be self-directed, organized and results oriented will be critical to success. It is expected that the salesperson will support colleagues in the institutional sales team in a collaborative fashion.
The jobholder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing
- High standards of governance
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to clients, communities, regulators and each other.
- Strong sales and marketing skills, with attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills – able to effectively position investment solutions in a consultative fashion
- Proactively generate new business opportunities
- Efficiently manage the assigned territory to maximize the use of resources
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the Consultant Relations Team
- Collaborate with Client Service to meet with existing clients and determine potential areas of opportunity for cross sales
- Collaborate with banking colleagues to tier and systematically cover a defined list of clients
- Work collegially as a member of the sales team and support wider team activities
- Represent and be an ambassador for HSBC’s Global Asset Management business
- Partner with CP team in enhancing RFPs and marketing collateral
- In partnership with marketing team members, own responsibility for RFP submissions, including:
- Working with Consultant Relations (if a consultant is involved) and the Head of Marketing to agree an action plan to ensure timely completion of submission
- Review documents for clarity and content
- In partnership with product management, review and agree on fee proposal
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve annual financial revenue and AUM targets
- Effectively represent the AMG business at conferences
- Collaborate with Global Banking Relationship Managers to represent AMUS investment capabilities to their clients
- Reliably meet administrative reporting requirements: CRM system, My Learning, Compliance, Team reporting
- In collaboration with Client Service and Global Colleagues, develop “Key Client Plans” for US domiciled GAM relationships
- Manage detailed Client relationship plans (with GB RM where applicable) and hold strategic discussions with Client to determine their needs and identify value-added investment solutions.
- Work closely within HSBC Global Asset Management:
GBM and CMB
- Global Asset Management sales and client service colleagues in the US and worldwide
- Investment, Product and CP teams – globally
Management of Risk
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
- To understand the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles, HSBC Global Asset Management’s TCF philosophy and how this affects the role. Act in a manner that takes account of these principles to ensure fair outcomes for clients
- Minimum of 5+ years of asset management sales experience
- Licenses: Series 7 and 63 required
- Preferred: Master Degree in Business or CFA
- Strong rolodex of RIA contacts
- Investment Management industry sales processes / business methodologies
- Knowledge of Industry trends and regulatory knowledge
- Competitor knowledge, including products
- Product knowledge relating to HSBC solutions
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- A proven track record of selling investment solutions to large sophisticated institutional plan sponsors
- Strong relationship building skills - creativity, patience and persistence in identifying and pursuing new relationships as well as maintaining and deepening existing relationships over the long term
Learn more about HSBC: https://youtu.be/TGVD_1gJU9o?list=PLGwUcoTj1_2rvUgUDnkz8zncNRqeK8xdU