Are you interested in helping teams collaborate and innovate by providing facility design and construction that enables others?
IBM Real Estate Strategy and Operations (RESO) group is seeking an experienced Facilities Project Manager (PM). This PM will be seated at the Almaden Research Center site (San Jose, CA) and primarily support Research group projects. The PM will possess excellent interpersonal skills and decision-making ability. This position requires the PM to interface with multiple entities across the IBM enterprise, as well as external consultants and design and construction firms on a routine basis. Working with infrastructure project and operations teams, the PM will be responsible for driving project planning, estimating, initiation, design, construction and commissioning efforts.
A key to success in this role relies on the ability to work independently, while part of a team and as a part of a large matrixed organization. This is an opportunity to not only contribute to IBM’s real estate portfolio strategy, but to gain new experiences and broaden professional capabilities by contributing to IBM’s global real estate organization.
The PM is expected to have the ability to:
A day in the life at IBM
- Establish and clearly communicate project requirements, goals, and schedules
- Manage design and construction firms through all steps of successful projects ranging from $200K to $20M
- Review project expenditures and manage budgets
- Comply with business processes and controls
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of project stakeholders
- Proactively identify project challenges and collaboratively develop solutions
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates, customers, and suppliers.
- You will have the ability to influence work and the way we do work.
- Be creative in project management through innovative design, and in creative ways to facilitate construction.
- Use industry knowledge to improve results.
- Visit various locations to assess customer needs or construction status. Silicon Valley Lab (SVL) site as another San Jose, CA location.
- Work in an open environment where innovation is welcome and encouraged.
- Have an impact on IBM business results and client success.
- Have work / life flexibility.
- Be part of an organization where values such as trust and personal responsibility are important.
- Use agile work methods such as ruthlessly reprioritizing work.
- Willingness to embrace technology as an integral part of daily work practices.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Mgmt, Engineering, or another related technical field from an accredited institution
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in management of technical projects and/or engineering/architectural design
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment.
- Experience working with architectural/engineering design firms and contractors
- Experience working in highly technical facility (lab, datacenter, or manufacturing facility)
- Experience working on projects in a multi-tenant lease building and owned bldgs
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or similar design software
- Training in project management techniques and/or demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects in a professional setting
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.