We are currently seeking a highly qualified Tracking, Manager
to join our Consumer Insights and Engagement
group in Richmond, VA. The talented individual we seek will manage the Altria adult consumer tracking services to provide accurate and timely information in support of both the Altria Operating Companies (OpCos) and Regulatory Affairs in support of engagement with the FDA.HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA
The goal of the OpCo engagement is to support building relationships between brands and their adult consumer audiences while taking steps designed to limit reach to unintended audiences. The goal of the Regulatory Affairs engagement is to support research and analysis enabling Altria to be the U.S. leader in authorized, non-combustible, reduced-risk products.In this role, you will:
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Lead the development, information management, advanced analytics and reporting of consumer tracking, as follows:
- Actively manage existing tracking infrastructure and develop new tracking and survey research infrastructure.
- Bring a depth of expertise in information management to manage and integrate data from multiple sources in support of advanced analytics.
- Proactively develop and execute advanced analytics to achieve business and regulatory objectives as a cross-functional team member, working collaboratively within a framework of general goals, concepts and policies.
- Manage existing reporting infrastructure and develop new standard and ad-hoc reporting capabilities. Lead and inspire others with engaging communications in writing and verbally telling a "story" with a point of view.
- Manage client relationships in support of the tracking infrastructure.
- Manage multiple suppliers and provide direction based on evolving needs of the business.
- Integrate consumer and marketplace data to generate consumer-centric insights and provide actionable business and regulatory recommendations.
- Know industry, external environment and business issues and develop expertise in specialty research areas.
- Apply market research principles and techniques to develop analytic and research plans and solve complex problems.
- Integrate consumer and marketplace data and analysis from multiple sources to generate consumer-centric insights and provide actionable business recommendations.
- Manage and develop project pipelines while working independently on multiple projects and priorities in rapidly changing environment.
- Build client relationships and serve as strategic thinking partner to stakeholders.
- Build internal and external network, and engage on business and technical issues.
We are seeking a results driven team player with a sound understanding and broad experience in analytical methods. Other qualifications include:
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant survey research design and execution, IM, advanced analytics and reporting experience (CPG industry a plus).
- PhD is strongly preferred, and Graduate degree (MBA or MS in Demography, Statistics, Economics or Analytics) is required.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel & PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS, Python or R and data visualization and analysis tools such as Tableau. Must be knowledgeable of different quantitative research techniques and familiar with various primary and secondary data sources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to collaboratively lead work in a team environment.
- Experience to support expertise in effectively interacting with senior level management.
- Strategic thinking and consultative skills, a sense of urgency and curiosity, and the courage and confidence to debate.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy, planning issues, resource allocation, and priority setting.
- A strong ability to prioritize, allocate resources and lead effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
The mission of Altria Group, Inc. is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria Group is the parent company of Philip Morris USA, the largest cigarette manufacturer in the United States, as well as U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates –that offer leading brands in the moist smokeless tobacco and machine-made cigar, and wine categories.
Altria Client Services’ role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your consumer insight skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.