Licensures and Certifications:
• Current licensure as an RN in the state of California.
• Basic Life Support Certification - HealthCare Provider - BLS-HCP required.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support – ACLS preferred.
• Ambulatory, outpatient or emergency room care experience preferred.
• One-two (1-2) years of practical experience as an RN in a physician's office preferred.
• Knowledge of scope of practice for RNs in the State of California. Professional knowledge of clinical nursing protocols with emphasis in the areas of disease processes, emergencies, health sciences, and pharmacology.
• Knowledge and understanding of managed care concepts strongly recommended. Knowledge of what medical symptomology constitutes urgent/emergent care. Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Knowledge of clinical protocols for vital signs. Knowledge of normal values for vital signs (BP, Pulse, Respirations, Temps).
• Knowledge of medical positioning for patients. Knowledge of scheduling practices/referrals for physician offices preferred.
• Knowledge of effective teamwork practices between front and back office staff.
• Ability to type 35- 40 words per minute and feel comfortable with clinical setting computer operations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated high level of skill in creative problem solving, setting of priorities, in an unpredictable environment.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with other healthcare team members.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) - Ability to converse in Spanish helpful.