Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Risk brings together all areas of financial crime risk management at HSBC and is dedicated to implementing the most effective global standards to combat financial crime. The function enables us to manage financial crime risk effectively across the bank and continue to strengthen financial crime detection, anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption compliance.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this dedicated team in the role of Regional Head of Functional and International Oversight, Oversight & Reporting, FCC Asia Pacific.
• To approve replacement headcount which is within the FCC Target Operating Model in a timely manner and to approve incremental roles as necessary under the guidance of the Regional Head of Oversight and Reporting.
• Develop and communicate any plans that are required to ensure that the sub-function meets its objectives in an efficient manner.
• Provide support and guidance to Country Oversight and Reporting teams to ensure the capability of functional management is delivered at the country level.
• Maintain and manage SLA’s with other sub-functions as required (both incoming and outgoing).
• Maintain the documents of record of the FCC Risk Steward relating to his/her responsibilities to manage the sub-function effectively, in particular under the Senior Manager’s Regime.
• Ensure that the Regional Head of Oversight and Reporting is briefed on key functional management issues as they arise.
• Timely approvals of key activities on behalf of the Regional Head of FCC.
• Ensure the FCC resource risk/scale model is effective under the current TOM.
• Oversee the tailoring, planning and implementation for all FCC programmatic roll-outs across FCC International sites including: FCC system implementations or any other large scale program (OEE, GMSAS etc.)
• Ensure the Regional Head of Oversight and Reporting is clearly briefed on material functional management matters.
• Partner with COO / CRAO to ensure that the sub-function has the management information it needs for effective management and that the controls that are operated by COO are effective and efficient for the requirements of FCC.
• Build productive relationships with the other sub-functions in FCR to ensure that clear SLA’s are in place where required and managed effectively.
• Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Financial Crime Compliance
• Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Financial Crime Compliance
• Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
• Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
• Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
• Worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible
• Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
• A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
• Deep understanding of financial crime compliance / previous experience required
• Proactive self-starter with proven ability to execute at pace
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively, and focused on delivery
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with senior stakeholders
• Demonstrate ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams across Functions and Business Regionally
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.