IBM Group real estate portfolio represents one of the world’s largest operational real estate portfolios. This role will directly influence defined business share of portfolio value, asset base (net book value), Operating and Capital Expenditures (includes major projects), planned investment / acquisition activity, and planned divestment activity.
IBM Group has approximately 78 Million square feet of real estate globally dispersed to support Business activity. Value is created for IBM in advance planning of the real estate needs and project risk is reduced. Real Estate needs to be aligned with the Businesses (including business development and project development teams) to ensure needs are met, costs are controlled, and value is created.
IBM is hiring a Portfolio Planning Manager
to lead a team of regional portfolio planners, manage portfolio planning activity, develop efficient processes and deliver best-in-class business outcomes.
- Leads global strategic portfolio planning activity for RESO Strategy & Implementation across Businesses and projects.
- Partners with the Businesses and collaborates as part of the RESO Strategy & Implementation Center of Excellence (CoE) to identify strategies and trends to optimize the real estate portfolio and define/prioritize portfolio planning activities.
- Manages a global team of regional portfolio planners.
- Develops a best-in-class global delivery model of strategy and portfolio planning services including innovative contracting strategies to ensure the timely and effective deployment of services and functional leadership in strategic portfolio planning, structure planning and initial concept design
- Leads the development of Functional Excellence and best practices in the area of strategic portfolio planning through an understanding of the subject, working with leaders in the Real Estate industry and other corporates to develop and maintain top quartile positioning for the IBM Group
- Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of the RESO Strategy & Implementation portfolio planning process and deliverables.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Real Estate Strategy and Operations (RESO) is the IBM function responsible for defining and implementing real estate policies and strategy, program delivery in services in the areas of property, real estate projects, facilities management.
RESO should deliver a top-quartile location footprint. RESO partners IBM Businesses to develop business and regional portfolio property portfolio plans and to manage the complex program of consolidation, co-location, and conformance to IBM workplace design standards.
RESO manages 1,400 locations comprising 78 million square feet of office, data center, manufacturing, development and lab space throughout the Group supporting 380,000+ FTEs.
RESO also manages the category strategies and all major contracts for all third-party spend in these areas. Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Deep knowledge and experience of matching business strategies and plans with the development of real estate solutions.
- Strong business partnering skills and experience in working globally and virtually across multiple stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in effectively managing global and virtual teams.
- Expertise in understanding and managing the execution of portfolio planning activities to drive portfolio optimization and quantifiable better business outcomes.
- Experience in developing, refining, implementing and communicating global and functional processes and procedures as it relates to strategy and portfolio planning.
- Strong understanding of the risks and opportunities of holding and operating a real estate portfolio.
- Experience of enterprise-centered approach.
- Well-developed business partnering, engagement and relationship skills.
- Recognized real estate qualifications essential.
- Established links with industry network
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.