Manager, Tax Planning
Are you seeking a great opportunity that involves providing advice and recommendations on all areas of Corporate Tax? Imagine your next position as a Manager of Tax Planning for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities. At the Altria family of companies, we’re not content with just maintaining the status quo.
Altria Client Services’ role is to provide high-quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Manager of Tax Planning to join our Corporate Tax Department in Richmond, VA.
This position is responsible for the highest degree of accuracy, timeliness and accountability for recommending and implementing strategies to maximize tax planning opportunities for the company in full compliance with all laws and regulations. This position will provide senior management with advice and recommendations on all areas of Federal, State and International tax matters, including transactional and operational planning, mergers and acquisitions, benefits, audits and supporting the compliance function.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing analysis, risk assessment and recommendations on complex tax issues concerning proposed acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations and other business transactions. Providing results of this analysis through written memoranda and oral presentations.
• Performing project-oriented tax research and analysis supporting the Federal/International and State tax groups.
• Assisting in analyzing, responding to, and negotiating issues related to both federal and state audits.
• Assisting in analyzing the impact of changes to the federal and state tax laws, new regulations, and court decisions and communicating the effects of those changes to the company as well as any strategic recommendation due to the changes.
• A Juris Doctorate degree, with an LLM and/or financial accounting experience preferred.
• A minimum of two years of experience with a proven track record of contribution and accomplishment in the field of taxation handling a variety of tax matters.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current tax law and regulations.
• The ability to adapt quickly and work independently as well as in teams.
• Well-developed analytical skills, the ability to meet deadlines, conduct research and report information.
• The ability to accommodate occasional travel and overtime during peak periods and at other times as needed.
• The ability to efficiently handle multiple assignments/projects simultaneously, often under strict time deadlines.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.