Requisition ID # 17252
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Strategy and Policy
Job Location : San Francisco
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Grid Integration and Innovation (GII) organization’s mission is to design, test and integrate innovative solutions to accelerate PG&E’s transition to the sustainable grid of the future. The Grid Edge Strategic Projects department evaluates and pilots cutting edge grid strategies with the potential to play a key role in building PG&E’s vision of an Integrated Grid Platform, where the grid is a platform connecting devices that produce and consume energy in a way that supports the grid and helps achieve California’s energy policy goals.
- We put safety first.
- We are accountable. We act with integrity, transparency and humility.
- We are here to serve our customers.
- We embrace change, innovation and continuous improvement.
- We value diversity and inclusion. We speak up, listen up, and follow up.
- We succeed through collaboration and partnership. We are one team.
The Senior Product Manager within the Strategic Projects team has a deep understanding of interaction between distributed energy resources and the grid, specifically microgrids and stationary (i.e. non-transport) electrification. They are responsible for managing cross-functional strategic projects or initiatives that inform Company positions on emerging DER-related issues, especially related to microgrids and electrification; they influence internal and external policy and drive process improvements that enhance the integration of DERs into PG&E’s “grid of the future”. This position supports the Company’s mission to safely and reliably deliver affordable and clean energy to our customers and communities every single day, while building the energy network of tomorrow through:
- Facilitating integration of customer-focused DER projects and programs, delivering strategic value for PG&E and improving customer satisfaction
- Driving complex decisions on distributed technology deployment with data through comprehensive planning analysis and pilot projects
- Initiating and partnering on new or enhanced Company processes that integrate DERs into planning, operations and investment processes while minimizing utility costs
- Building industry partnerships to promote collaboration, data sharing and best practice sharing
- Speak up. Act with integrity. Help create a high performing work environment consistent with PG&E’s values. Be a safety champion in words and deeds.
- Foster an inclusive culture which celebrates our diverse backgrounds and leverages our diverse perspectives. Maintain an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
- Develop and share expertise on interactions between distributed energy resources and the grid
- Work collaboratively across multiple groups and lead complex, cross-functional projects
- Translate Company strategy to implementation, including thoughtful management of scope, schedule, cost, and timing.
- Work with Managers, Directors, and subject matter experts at all levels and across functions to influence internal and external decisions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business units and external agencies.
- Represent GII, Grid Edge team and PG&E in public workshops, conferences, regulatory forums.
- Complete administrative aspects of management role in timely fashion (e.g. goals, performance reviews, mandatory training, work portfolio reviews, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business or equivalent experience
- 6 years of relevant experience for senior-level product manager
- Familiarity with electric utility regulations and regulatory process
- Up to 10% of travel requirements
- Understanding of and experience with Distributed Energy Resources (distributed generation, energy efficiency, demand response, energy storage) especially in relation to microgrids and stationary electrification
- Understanding of electric system operations and engineering principles
- Familiarity with customer energy programs, including low-income customer programs
- Knowledge of industry relevant best practices and trends
- Knowledge of relevant Local, State and Federal regulatory requirements
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex and technical topics to diverse audiences
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives and creating a collaborative and diverse team
- Ability to move forward through ambiguity and identify both issues and opportunities
- Experience in project management, quantitative analysis, interfacing with external customers and stakeholders, and vendor management
- Experience effectively managing and building new relationships inside and outside the organization; ability to anticipate and balance multiple stakeholder needs.